Glen Campbell RIP

Thought he died in a plane crash years ago must be mixing him up with someone else
Rip

You'll be thinking of Dag Hammarsjold or Antoine St. Exupery. They died in plane crashes but they had wretched singing voices.

Bought one of his LPs decades ago. Very easy listening. I read that he suffered from dementia but could remember all the words of his songs. RIP, Glenn. Let's have a new duo - you and Johnny Cash!

He played with the LA session musician collective, the Wrecking Crew. There's an excellent documentary on Netflix which is a real eye (and ear!) opener about who really played on those 60's classics we all know so well.

You'll be thinking of Dag Hammarsjold or Antoine St. Exupery. They died in plane crashes but they had wretched singing voices.

Bought one of his LPs decades ago. Very easy listening. I read that he suffered from dementia but could remember all the words of his songs. RIP, Glenn. Let's have a new duo - you and Johnny Cash!

It was John Denver who died in a plane crash.

Also stood in for Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys when he had a breakdown.

Legend.

He played with the LA session musician collective, the Wrecking Crew. There's an excellent documentary on Netflix which is a real eye (and ear!) opener about who really played on those 60's classics we all know so well.
I believe he was also a travelling member of The Beach Boys for a time. The guy was a well regarded and prolific studio musician. I don't remember the year in the 60's but he played on something like 580 songs released that year. And despite not being able to read music was a good musician.

When I was young I had Rhinestone Cowboy on a .45 and I used to listen to it over and over on my little portable record player.

Sadly, he had major problem with liquor and was abusive to women. He used to beat the crap out of Tanya Tucker. He always denied it. She did not. Possibly a real bastard of man but quite a good entertainer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.