Why Isn't This Real Madrid Team Talked About On The Same Level As Pep's Barcelona?

Pep's Barca used to absolutely annihilate Real Madrid every time they played them at their peak. I seem to remember a 6-2 at the Bernabeu and a 5-0 at the Camp Nou. Proper footballing lessons.

This Madrid team still routinely get dispatched by Barca in El Clasicos.

Also they've been quite fortuitous with a couple of those CLs. Atletico had them beat in 2014, needed pens in 2016, even this year Bayern were robbed against them by all accounts. Look at both finals Barca beat Utd, complete one way traffic. I know the semi with Chelsea in '09 was a bit controversial but that was an anomaly.

I think it's a fair point. Some of their football is sublime and Modric, Kroos, Casemiro is a wonderfully balanced midfield and surely the best around currently.

Plus there is Isco, Ramos, the big hitters up front and Marcelo who is up there with anything that Dani Alves has done at fullback.

Why is football so poor these days? we need to ask questions with all the money in the PL and abroad. There should be 4 or 5 teams like Real Madrid in this case.. money has been wasted and the blame game has to start with serious questions about recruitment..

or isn't there the depth of World Class players spread out like there was in the 90s and early 2000s? it seems like 1 or 2 clubs stockpile all the best players these days and don't share/spread the wealth/star player.. kind of boring !

The money in football isn't matching the Star Power or Quality. More money needs to be invested in developing footballers and Grass Roots to get kids playing football outside (and not on the Playstation), to bring through the next Messi.

All true, but there are easily enough quality players to produce a higher level even so.

Look at what Mourinho has done with half a billion quid & there's your answer: managers imo. Look at us, with Pellegrini. Pathetic standard. These guys have won Premier League titles in recent years, with their tired old, unimaginitive routines.

If Pep doesn't succeed at City, we're on the same merrygoround of 2nd raters. He's our one chance to go to a new level. But then, when he leaves, we have to find another one & Barca are struggling like fuck to do that.

Sadly The Premier League is lagging way behind and is need of a major revamp/repackaging as it's losing it's appeal the longer we don't have any "super clubs" like Barcelona or Real Madrid getting to finals of Champion's Leagues.

I think deep down a lot of people suspect that Zidane isn't really doing much managing

Sadly The Premier League is lagging way behind and is need of a major revamp/repackaging as it's losing it's appeal the longer we don't have any "super clubs" like Barcelona or Real Madrid getting to finals of Champion's Leagues.
There will be one soon...

;)

I think it's because Barca's success over that period is seen as more organic. That team had a number of players who had come through the youth system Valdez, puyol, iniesta, xavi, Messi. They made the game look so simple and effortless. Real Madrid seems more manufactured. They have bought a number of superstars and win games because they have better players in literally every position. I imagine this is how people view city in many ways and I think the chances of Barca or anyone else for that matter replicating their youth policy as they did 7 or 8 years ago are incredibly unlikely.

RM played supremely last night and passed Utd off the pitch. Technically and mentally suprior. If we're being honest the better European teams can do this with ease and always have been able to. The EPL is the most "exciting" league in the world but it isn't the best - and that's because every team can win on the day, no match is a foregone conclusion. Isn't it time we addressed this glaring disparity in skill - it would make a huge difference at International level too. I'm a Blue (City) and I'm sort of expecting Pep to do this with City but he looks as though he's going to do it with foreign players. Pochettino is the only one using his YA and he deserves credit for it. Failure to win the EPL is not the end of the world for Spurs though so he's in a fortunate position. But if Spurs can do it why can't we with all the money that's been invested in our academies?
Whilst you have a point on a good few things, how many Spurs players came through their youth system that started for them as regulars last year? Genuine question. I know Alli was young but he was purchased at 18.

They've also taken a good few years of no CL football to get to that stage and we can't afford to do that.

They have an unreal amount of talent in their squad. 3 of the last four Champions Leagues, and with Neymar leaving Barca I'm not sure if anyone else is really close to Real in Europe right now. Bayern haven't made it to the final for a few seasons, maybe it's time for a fresh face ;)

They have an unreal amount of talent in their squad. 3 of the last four Champions Leagues, and with Neymar leaving Barca I'm not sure if anyone else is really close to Real in Europe right now. Bayern haven't made it to the final for a few seasons, maybe it's time for a fresh face ;)

Bayern were robbed in the quarterfinals against Real Madrid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.