Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying I want him to go but Bodgers needs to show more lager vouchers and fewer fcukin teeth.
Personally I think Rodgers is just about the loathsome character in football. I'll never forget his ranting s about the referee being from Greater Manchester after a defeat to us and the double standards applied when he leant on Southampton to get Lallana claiming Southampton shouldn't stand in the way of a players ambition whilst squealing like a pig when Sterling wanted to come to us. To quote the original Sir Baconface I wouldn't sell him a virus.
All that said it appears the club has a relationship with Celtic with other loans and sales, and it makes me wonder why with that prize cock at the helm. He was vitriolic about us whilst he was at the dippers and he still chooses to persue a City player via the media. I'd tell Roberts to sort out a move to anywhere but Celtic.

Personally I think Rodgers is just about the loathsome character in football. I'll never forget his ranting s about the referee being from Greater Manchester after a defeat to us and the double standards applied when he leant on Southampton to get Lallana claiming Southampton shouldn't stand in the way of a players ambition whilst squealing like a pig when Sterling wanted to come to us. To quote the original Sir Baconface I wouldn't sell him a virus.
All that said it appears the club has a relationship with Celtic with other loans and sales, and it makes me wonder why with that prize cock at the helm. He was vitriolic about us whilst he was at the dippers and he still chooses to persue a City player via the media. I'd tell Roberts to sort out a move to anywhere but Celtic.
Not saying I disagree, but you might be biased in your dislike of Celtic!

If Celtic want Roberts - thats fine but they should stop gobbing off to the press and make a proper offer for him. In the present market he has to be worth £10m down and 50 per cent of any profit that Celtic will undoubtedly make.

Roberts needs to back his own qualities. Either try and force your way into city's team or go on loan at a proper level.

If he's seriously after rejoining a sub standard league then fine, but it really is a lack of ambition.

No disrespect to any Celtic fans but the league is just awful. No one to challenge them, they will breeze to another league title whilst putting in the odd decent CL performance.

I don't think we've pissed Roberts around (like we've done with others).

He wasnt ready for premier league whrn he joined let alone at a top premier league club.

He must have known a period out on loan was likely. As it was he spent his first season in and out of Celtics first XI.

If he wants to go back, it's no good for us so I'd be looking to sell.

If he wants to earn a spot in our squad he'll move to a more competitive league and prove he us capable of playing for us.

If Celtic want Roberts - thats fine but they should stop gobbing off to the press and make a proper offer for him. In the present market he has to be worth £10m down and 50 per cent of any profit that Celtic will undoubtedly make.

And a buyback, in the unlikely event.

Slim at the moment, it would seem. I'd like to see Roberts given a chance, but it looks like he's fallen behind Diaz in the pecking order so a move seems likely.

Brahim Diaz is different player than P. Roberts. The first one is AMF and the second a winger. I can't understand why we can't keep both od them.

Slim at the moment, it would seem. I'd like to see Roberts given a chance, but it looks like he's fallen behind Diaz in the pecking order so a move seems likely.

The longer the window goes on, the more open I am to the idea of not signing a 5th forward, having Bernardo Silva play there if needed, with Diaz and/or Foden getting games as well.

I'm obviously not going to be upset if Sanchez or Mbappé arrive, but I think what we've got will be more than enough.

The longer the window goes on, the more open I am to the idea of not signing a 5th forward, having Bernardo Silva play there if needed, with Diaz and/or Foden getting games as well.

I'm obviously not going to be upset if Sanchez or Mbappé arrive, but I think what we've got will be more than enough.

My only concern is that two centre forwards might not be enough, as an injury to Aguero or Jesus would leave us in a bit of trouble. I guess Sterling could play centrally at a push, or we could play with no out and out forward, but I wonder if we were too hasty in letting Iheanacho leave?

My only concern is that two centre forwards might not be enough, as an injury to Aguero or Jesus would leave us in a bit of trouble. I guess Sterling could play centrally at a push, or we could play with no out and out forward, but I wonder if we were too hasty in letting Iheanacho leave?

If we play the 352 then I'd be happy with Sterling playing off Aguero or Jesus, but you're right, seeing Sterling lead the line for any length of time wouldn't be particularly comfortable, but how many other positions do we have that much depth in? If 2 keepers get hurt we're in trouble, 2 full backs and we're in trouble, 2 CB's etc.

A little bit different maybe, because of the injury record of Jesus and Aguero, but a lot of fans would have been unhappy to see Kelechi playing upfront for any long spell last season too.

Silva has experience being a false 9 for Spain, KDB could probably do a job in a pinch. It's a bit of a risk, but probably a manageable one. If Sanchez & Mbappé both go elsewhere, Id definitely rather go into the season with the current squad then quickly buy any forward as a placeholder just in case we have an injury crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.