Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep could keep both in reality don't you think? Roberts already having CL experience and didn't have that bad of a pre-season as some made it out to believe should be fine with him. Theres going to be plenty of PT if we don't bring in Sanchez/Mbappe or have a plan C/D.

We seem to be well stocked in the positions that Roberts plays. I'm not sure he would get much game time, apart from domestic cups, unless we have major injury problems. Because Foden & Diaz can play a bit deeper and central they complement the current squad a bit better. Roberts is perhaps ahead of them in terms of his development but he's just unlucky that we've less of a need for him.

We seem to be well stocked in the positions that Roberts plays. I'm not sure he would get much game time, apart from domestic cups, unless we have major injury problems. Because Foden & Diaz can play a bit deeper and central they complement the current squad a bit better. Roberts is perhaps ahead of them in terms of his development but he's just unlucky that we've less of a need for him.

Don't get the Roberts love in at all.... if he was a Celtic player he wouldn't even get a mention, let alone a thread on here.

If he does go on loan, I 'd be surprised we would want him back at Celtic, I would have thought there would be some Premier league teams that would take a loan somewhere like Newcastle, or a Spanish club, unless it's champions league games we want for him, might wait and see who qualifies.

I really wouldn't say we are well stocked since excluding him the front 3 positions have 4 players and Silva can play out wide if needed for emergencies, but Pep seems to want him mostly in the midfield. He would get plenty of time with competing in 4 competitions and needing rotation to be crucial to achieve the league title as well as deep cup runs.

There are two versions of what's happening doing the rounds up here.

1. We are buying him and they are thrashing out the sell on clause.

2. He has been given the green light to come on loan for another year.

Both could be bollocks. I wish they would just decide what's happening and let us know. Driving me nuts.

There are two versions of what's happening doing the rounds up here.

1. We are buying him and they are thrashing out the sell on clause.

2. He has been given the green light to come on loan for another year.

Both could be bollocks. I wish they would just decide what's happening and let us know. Driving me nuts.

3. We are sending him to Rangers for the season ;-)

About time Celtic put up or shut up ,if they want Roberts then its the £15m he is worth with a buy back clause , but you would seriously have to question Roberts ambitions if he returned to Scotland to play his football , its probably Championship level football. If Roberts wants to progress he needs to loaned to another premier league club or a la liga / Serie A team to improve his game and gain the experience , if he goes back to Scotland it will be like shooting fish in a barrel , its only August and Celtic have already won the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.