Arsenal home November sold out

This thread reminds me of when the Commonwealth Games canes to Manchester and restricted view tickets were not made available in the COMS.

Bluemooners may recall that tickets were in big demand but the organisers knew that people would be moaning even if they got restricted ticket for free.

More match day tickets should be at cheaper prices but I would like to hear how people doing most of the moaning help fellow Blues.

I believe making the tickets cheaper or even free could result in more empty seats, not less. Sadly whatever the pricing, there will be some fans unable to afford it.

I think our season ticket prices, on the whole, are good and the option to pay over 10 months should help those who are struggling financially. You can watch every game for £30 or under on a cheaper season ticket, which isn't too bad. If you can't make every game, tickets for all but the highest profile games are usually available at decent prices on various forums.

When does a fan's personal economic situation become the club's issue? Surely, that is when they can't sell out season tickets or game day tickets? We are far from that, so do we make some fans subsidize others?
So if Oscar Munoz reduces your remuneration by 25% then gives himself a big bonus for slashing costs then that's presumably OK with you on that basis?

I'd buy a crate from ASDA and drink it at home. If I can't afford to watch City I'm not going to go and watch a game at Altrincham or Rochdale instead
No, like your Asda beer example, if you can't afford City then don't go and just watch it at home.

So if Oscar Munoz reduces your remuneration by 25% then gives himself a big bonus for slashing costs then that's presumably OK with you on that basis?
That's not remotely relatable to the situation.

You're trying to build yourself a thumping great strawman there.

I advise Blues who are short of money for home tickets to join their local Supporters Club. Most people can't make every home game so there are often spares available at reduced prices and sometimes free. A lot of Blues realise that fans have ups and downs in terms of their finances.

Changing the subject slightly but since when did the OS start charging a booking fee for tickets. This used to be only for phone orders but I have just booked 3 for the Palace game and been charged £1.50 each. No difference for print at home tickets either.

Changing the subject slightly but since when did the OS start charging a booking fee for tickets. This used to be only for phone orders but I have just booked 3 for the Palace game and been charged £1.50 each. No difference for print at home tickets either.
They started recently for non cityzens. cityzens still get free booking online.

No, like your Asda beer example, if you can't afford City then don't go and just watch it at home.
I had to miss 10 years , don't remember any protests on my behalf, didn't expect to be subsidised. What gets me is those that complain about ticket prices give the £30 figure as reasonable. There are games you can go to for £30 just not the biggest games. There are £41 tickets for games but when I couldn't go it was because I had other priorities if I couldn't afford the £40 or £50 I couldn't afford the £30 either.

Well, that's what people are having to do. I'm fortunate enough to go home, away and Europe occasionally too, so it doesn't necessarily apply to me. There will ALWAYS be a cost associated to watching your football team, but you've got to admit that it stinks to high heaven when the club price out fans (unnecessarily), give corporates priority on away tickets and engage more so with fans from the other side of the world over local fans - only then for Pep to whinge about the atmosphere being shit.

The be all and end all is that the club don't NEED to price fans out. But they do. Loyalty can be a two way street as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.