We've got enough....

If you exclude the players we're trying to move on we have 18 senior players plus the kids. Its not enough.

Ederson
Bravo
Muric

Danilo
Walker
Mendy

Kompany
Stones
Otamendi
Adarabioyo

Fernandinho
Yaya
Gundogan

Silva
Bernado
KDB
Foden

Aguero
Jesus
Sterling
Sane
Diaz

Keep Denayer or Mangala & sell the rest

Its the best squad of players in the league

I'm glad in a way that it looks like we've missed out on Mbappe and Sanchez

It will allow us to blood the fantastic young players we have in Foden and Diaz

It also keeps a big reserve of cash for next year when we can bring in the world class DM that we need to finish off the side

We have lots of goals already in the team , players will improve on last season

Aguero 30 goals
Jesus 20 goals
Sterling 15 goals
Sane 15 goals

That's eighty goals there just from the forwards

I will get much more satisfaction out of winning the league with foden and Diaz getting games than I would with buying Sanchez and making it a dead cert

Your new round these parts aren't you...

Good luck with the thread :-)

In all seriousness though. It's not true.

We've been playing 3-5-2 this preseason and a single injury to just one CB or one ST means we can't play it without rotating square pegs into round holes.

That alone tells me we are short.

For example: Let's say Pep is preparing this 3-5-2 to counter against the teams that also play it.

Well if Vinny is injured when we play Chelsea, he can't. Or Sergio suspended against Arsenal, he's forced to be 433. Makes no sense to start the season that way.

We released Iheanacho, Navas, Nolito. We 100% need a forward.

We released 3 fullbacks and a centre back. We 100% need a centre back.

Last edited:
Yeah. Still see us getting one more defender and a forward. Wish we could get someone on a free who's out of a contract.

We've been playing 3-5-2 this preseason and a single injury to just one CB or one ST means we can't play it without rotating square pegs into round holes.

Aguero, Jesus, Sterling and Sane can all play up top so the ST comment us invalid. I share your CB concerns though with a 3atb system

A Sanchez or MBappe would be nice but even without them I think we have the strongest squad in the league and we shouldn't be going out and signing players just for the sake of it.

If we sell/loan Mangala and Denayer then we might need another CD but that is about it. Somebody who is comfortable at CD and CDM is what I would be looking for in that case.

Ideal squad set up is 3 players for every 2 positions with a few young prospects in and around the squad to provide emergency cover/rotation options if things get hectic.

We definitely need a striker. For all the attacking players we have they are mostly wide players, who's going to be in the middle putting them away, when Aguero is injured or Jesus is suspended?
I'd be ok with Mangala and Denayer covering the CB positions, why not?
CM should be fine if Gundogan gets up to full speed soon
What the hell has happened to Fabian Delph, never in any training videos, is he injured?

quote-you-can-have-too-much-champagne-to-drink-but-you-can-never-have-enough-elmer-rice-146-1-0164.jpg

I agree and people saying we need another striker I disagree Pep has played with no strikers quite a few times in his managerial career, plus our record when not playing a striker is better than we do play one.

complrletely disagree with the OP.

1. We are one injury to Kompany away from a very shakey defence.....ottomendi is a headless chicken ( the number of times he goes to ground early even in pre season games...im suprised pep hasnt pulled him for it). Stones: as good as his distribution is his defending one on one isnt strong enough yet

2. Ilky - an injury to him and we are relying on an ever aging Yaya who while still one of the best midfielders going, in high tempo games the ball starts to bypass him a little.

3. an injury up front to sergio
people are presuming that GJ slots in seemlessly...he is a fantastic player but all young players have dips in form...he will have one at some point....im not sure why people are thinking that sterling is suddenly going to become a natural finisher as this is historically the worst part of his game.... sane showed glimpes as well last season bit was still inconsistent and its clear from peps comments that he doesnt believe we have enough either
i think we are short a central defender, a central midfielder and another goal scorer...we have clearly targeted a centre half in the past and also a centre forward....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.