It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson is a player that could easily be a brilliant buy or a disaster.

He has shown that he can do everything Pep wants - likes carrying the ball out of defence, is comfortable in possession, has a decent pass - but he's been doing it at such a low level. It's so much easier to stand out with that kind of occasional thing when no one is really expecting Middlesbrough to play out or that bothered about stopping them, it's so much easier to look solid when Aitor Karanka has 6 other defenders back with you etc.

Lack of pace might be an issue as well, given how high up the pitch we defend. I must admit I liked the look of him at Boro - rugged, but a decent ball player into the bargain - but as you say there's a world of difference between defending on the edge of your own box with 5 team mates within spitting distance, and defending on the half way line with the nearest team mate 30 yards away

I'm hoping we'll get some news on transfers tonight/tomorrow. Typically you get the informal briefs/gossip once the pressers are happening.

I hope any kid that is desperate to make it Is looking at the current market, if you can make even a slightly decent full back you'll be quids in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.