It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. He's some player. Love his timing.
You are right though. Pep won't be fucked about. Shame.
I hear the lad may have changed his mind after he turned us down. Don't know how I feel about that but I suppose you have to go with the guvnor. Have to admit I only know his YouTube but I like the look of him.

I think PSG's move for Neymar has basically made it impossible for any team to comply with FFP due to the market value of other players being hiked up pro-rata. Had Neymar not moved for the fee he did, would ANYONE have tabled a bid of £90m for Coutinho AND in their wildest dreams expectvtgatvto be rejected?

I think PSG's move for Neymar has basically made it impossible for any team to comply with FFP due to the market value of other players being hiked up pro-rata. Had Neymar not moved for the fee he did, would ANYONE have tabled a bid of £90m for Coutinho AND in their wildest dreams expectvtgatvto be rejected?

It goes back further than Neymar. If Lukaku is worth "£75m", Bale £80m+, Stones £50m, Pogba £90m and Di Maria £60m then Neymar was a fair price.

Disagree - I think Neymar was one of the three players who could command such a fee and everyone would accept it has little impact elsewhere, as they are a different marketing proposition. The only impact that has on Coutinho, is that Liverpool know Barcelona has £200m, so you push them as far as possible.

We spent c£50m on Walker, which I don't have an issue with, but many don't see fullbacks as important, despite how Chelsea played last season or the importance of them to Real's CL win. In that case, £90m+ for a decent attacking midfielder sounds reasonable, ignoring that paying that would make Eriksen or Hazard worth about £150m, making Neymar suddenly look cheap. But Swansea wanted £50m for Siggurdson before Neymar moved; Lukaku went for a potential fee of £89m; Ake went for £20m; Pickford, with one year's top flight experience resulting in relegation, went for £25m - the third highest fee for a keeper ever and the second highest had only happened a few weeks earlier.

Football has actually gone mad this summer, but it happened before Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.