If you could be transported back in time to watch one event, what would it be.

My great grandfather deserted from the German Army on the onset of WWI. He hated the army and had seen his two older brothers go into Kaiser Wilhelm's private guard. In order to get away from the front he jumped from a moving train off a bridge tressle and into the water. I would like to see the event happen. Maybe offer him a towel and some encouragement.

Last edited:
I would not mind seeing Jesse Jackson at the Olympics in Berlin and to see the aristocracy's faces when he won stuff, oh how i would laugh in their face. However there are a lot of things about that worthy of discussion at some point.
I think you might mean Jesse Owens, but I agree with the sentiment.

The battle of Hastings, could have given Harold some safety spec's

My great grandfather deserted from the German Army on the onset of WWI. He hated the army and had seen his two older brothers go into Kaiser Wilhelm's private guard. In order to get away from the front he jumped from a moving train off a bridge tressle and into the water. I would like to see the event happen. Maybe offer him a towel and some encouragement.
That's a cool answer. I guess I would like to see my Ukrainian gran escaping from Germany in the 1940s to come to England

Brilliant thread this but with the OPs blessing would he mind people indulging themselves and doing a top 10 list as there are so many crucial events in history
Here's mine
Battle of Plataea
Agincourt
The day me Mam met me Dad
Thermopylae
Battle of Marathon
Battle of Towton
Execution of Anne Boleyn
Execution of King Charles 1st
Incident at Gleiwitz
Suicide of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.