If you could be transported back in time to watch one event, what would it be.

Sit in the desert watching the night sky June 1947 somewhere around Roswell. Always had an interest in weather balloons especially disc shaped ones.

Top ten, in no order:

Moses parts the Red Sea
Birth of Jesus
The execution of Anne Boleyn, but only if I could have a chat with Thomas Cromwell whilst I am there
VE Day
Waterloo with the Iron Duke
Any day with Leanardo da Vinci
Sam drops the one ring into the flames of Mount Orodruin
Kate Bush, Before the Dawn at the Eventim Appollo
The day I met my wife for the first time

Brilliant thread this but with the OPs blessing would he mind people indulging themselves and doing a top 10 list as there are so many crucial events in history
Here's mine
Battle of Plataea
Agincourt
The day me Mam met me Dad
Thermopylae
Battle of Marathon
Battle of Towton
Execution of Anne Boleyn
Execution of King Charles 1st
Incident at Gleiwitz
Suicide of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun

Oh go on, I'll allow it :-)

Maybe sporting moment, musical moment and historic moment would be good.

I've done Music so will add the other two.

Sporting moment - being at the Rumble in the Jungle. Boxing and endurance at its best.

Historic- being on the beach at omaha during the D Day landings. Can't imagine the bravery pain and heartache that day.

Suddenly appear in the room before those fucking cunts Hindley and Brady began to hurt Lesley Ann Downey.

The battle of Hastings, could have given Harold some safety spec's
The arrow in the eye is now being disputed, they say he was chopped down surrounded by his Housecarls towards the end of the battle and then badly defiled to such a degree that it took his bit on the side Edith Swan Neck to identify his body by a mark in the groin area
I tend to agree with you and the Bayeux Tapestry, he copped for one in the eye

The arrow in the eye is now being disputed, they say he was chopped down surrounded by his Housecarls towards the end of the battle and then badly defiled to such a degree that it took his bit on the side Edith Swan Neck to identify his body by a mark in the groin area
I tend to agree with you and the Bayeux Tapestry, he copped for one in the eye
People misread the Tapestry.
It is considered that Harold was indeed chopped down and that the eye episode in the Tapestry is of someone else. Note he's not wearing a crown as the arrow sticks out where as there is one in the Tapestry being chopped down and does have a crown. People thought it was the eye incident as its depicted over the word 'King' in the script below.

People misread the Tapestry.
It is considered that Harold was indeed chopped down and that the eye episode in the Tapestry is of someone else. Note he's not wearing a crown as the arrow sticks out where as there is one in the Tapestry being chopped down and does have a crown. People thought it was the eye incident as its depicted over the word 'King' in the script below.
Interesting, i will have a look at the tapestry, only ever given it a cursory glance and seen the arrow and King

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.