Diabetes

Great post and well done to you @SORTED .
I feel thst when you start to see results it makes you want to be an ambassador of sorts. I tell people I meet and I find the Americans are the most ignorant of the consequences this diesease. They tell me that not all carbs are bad, ok maybe so, but they think that bread and cakes are essential to living.
That sugar free foods are good for you! Diet sodas are healthier than full fat sodas. It's an ignorance that will send most of these people to an early grave missing bits from their overweight bodies.
I'm on week 7 of the 8 week Blood Sugar diet but last week was my 60th birthday and I spent it in Kefalonia.
I did my best to stay away from the bad things but had 2-3 pieces of bread. A good few beers and brandy. I put on about 6 lbs but I've lost 3 since Monday, so I know I'm back on the right track.
My B.S. levels this morning where 7.9. That's the highest they've been for a few weeks. I've been hovering around the 7 mark.
So my 8 week diet may turn into a 10 week diet.
All I know is I want to really get down to under 5. It's a real goal for me. Overall I've gone from 15st 2lb to 13st 4lb today. I got to 13st 3lb the day before my jollies.
My next target is 13st 2lb. Then 13st. Then? I don't know.
I'm still tired though and find it very hard to find time to exercise. When I do i can't complete the task as I run out of steam.
The good news is I've stopped getting up in the night for a slash and I'm sleeping better.

Well done @BackofJeanette, and you and your missus too @Norb, keep up the good work guys.

I've been a bit more relaxed with the old carb counting myself of recent but find that a couple of teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in water in the morning and before eating anything with carbs in it helps greatly.

Here's the science behind it:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/18/health/apple-cider-vinegar-uses/index.html

Last edited:
I am starting the big push from Monday after taking advice from my diabetic nurse and doctor. At present I am testing myself 3 times a day to get a firm baseline eating normally before I switch to a no carb high fat diet with light exercise.

She and he wasn't too happy about it as some posters suggested they wouldn't but I decided to try this and stuck to my guns.

My Doctor told me it was a progressive condition and not reversible. You should have seen his face when I did just that in a matter of months!

Ok, results are in so my last post on this topic.
My HbA1c (unmedicated since early June) is now 5.8%. That's down from 12% when I was diagnosed at the end of April.

Anyone who tells you Diabetes is chronic and degenerative is clearly misinformed. All the info you need to reverse your diabetes is on this thread so good luck to anyone who needs it.

GD out!

I started back on the sugar free (except fruit and milk) properly last saturday and i have lost 5 1bs already,i am a veggie so can't advise on a meat eating diet but you can see how it gets quick results,if you are on meds you must do it with your doctor and not on your own

My Doctor told me it was a progressive condition and not reversible. You should have seen his face when I did just that in a matter of months!
Says everything about the medical profession.
Wow.just fucking wow.
Whats' progressive' about Diabetes is the profits made by the chemical companies,aided and abeted by the dealers in white coats and their bits of verbal nonsense.

Avoid sugar, eat healthy and try to avoid carbs.
You'll drop weight and feel much better, start a moderate exercise regime as well.
If you can go without booze, do it in moderation and switch to wine or light beer.

The first day of my diet to reverse my diabetes today, I have stopped all of my medication except the statin and haven't eaten anything since I got up. My blood sugars are at 10.1 and I am logging the times of my blood sugar checks and what I eat.
An omelette and salad with no dressing is what I will be eating for tea later and various nuts and seeds if I feel hungry later. The only problems I see ahead are the coffee and tea ones, I use a sweetener that contains Maltodextrin and Sucralose should I remove this from my diet as well as the beverages and just replace them with water for the duration of my fast period?

EDIT... I have another appointment for blood tests tomorrow at my doctors surgery so they can perform a base line.

No carbs at all since Monday and am entering the feeling nauseous stage and have a splitting headache and stomach pains as well as pissing like a train , blood levels down by 3 points to 7.2 in the morning and remaining constantly around the 7 mark all day. Stopped taking insulin to prevent hypos and am expecting the nauseous feeling to subside in the next day or two. Footie on today so am focusing on that.
I don't drink alcohol so that was the easy part but I have to force myself to drink more water.

No carbs at all since Monday and am entering the feeling nauseous stage and have a splitting headache and stomach pains as well as pissing like a train , blood levels down by 3 points to 7.2 in the morning and remaining constantly around the 7 mark all day. Stopped taking insulin to prevent hypos and am expecting the nauseous feeling to subside in the next day or two. Footie on today so am focusing on that.
I don't drink alcohol so that was the easy part but I have to force myself to drink more water.
Keep at it mate. I used coke zero as my go to drink to make sure I drank enough as I'm not big on plain water.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.