Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

I think 70% of our games will be like that. It's just the way it is now. The new norm for us.

Agree I reckon though it be more like 95% of our games like that we just got to get wide early and if there is a couple of city players in the box get it in there if we
Don't connect we will pick the loose ball up 90% of the time and it disrupts the other team if you keep passing it in front of them there are set with there 6 at the back get in the box

Pleased to get the win and also won some money on Sergio. Thought Walker had a very good game. Shame Danilo has no left foot because that hindered us today but no doubt he's a good player.
Bit disappointed in back 3 players with so much possession- expected them to come forward with the ball in turn to allow Silva and KDB to be further forward and play into feet more round the box. I kept in shouting to VK and Stones to move forward with the ball. We ended up playing way too many hopeful balls.
Even though I've complained a bit - good start!

Happy Birthday Mario Balotelli Legend never forgotten...

Only gripe Jesus Yellow card for accidental handball yet their player stopped the ball with his hand yet nothing given...

Ridiculous decision by Oliver to show that yellow to Gabriel. It was plainly accidental.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Mario.

With Gundo,Mendy,and whoever else we sign,still to come.

Mouthwatering......we stay injury free and we're in for a very exciting season.
It's frightening. I'm not that up on every other club, but can anyone match what we had today, and as you say, with Gundogan and Mendy to come back. Christ, bringing Sterling and Sane on today was ridiculous. Allegedly another signing to come yet.......definitely mouthwatering. Can't wait for the Everton game.

Comfortable today and can't ask for more against newly promoted size first game. My first thoughts were where are Sane/Sterling/Toure etc etc and then I thought if they played I would be saying same thing about others who weren't as a result

We did that last year, then they realised, not getting carried away ;o)

These games are tricky early on, we patiently won it, with a clean sheet. Happy, but not getting carried away.

I meant, if we grind results out like that we will be well away - today looked like a change of attitude to last season

Not getting carried away. A Hazard and Willian 1-2 could easily cut us apart. We need to create more chances and focus at the back

Not convinced with 352. 4 at the back suits us better

I didnt see anything different from most of the stuff we played last year.

Pedestrian at times no midfielders running past the ball to challenge the lines.

For me, we are one dimensional and still don't have Plan B no Dzeko.

This season will be copy and paste particularly at home against teams in the bottom half.

Maybe Llorente (in a swap for Bony) wouldn't be a bad shout from off the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.