Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Great result, always tough against a newly promoted side , need to be more clinical in front of goal but that will come.
Pleased that Sergio scored to shut the doubters up.
Amex is a nice staduim , upgrade from the goldstone hope they stay up .

The Futures so bright
3500.jpg

I didnt see anything different from most of the stuff we played last year.

Pedestrian at times no midfielders running past the ball to challenge the lines.

For me, we are one dimensional and still don't have Plan B no Dzeko.

This season will be copy and paste particularly at home against teams in the bottom half.

Maybe Llorente (in a swap for Bony) wouldn't be a bad shout from off the bench.

Only the first game mate, see what we are lie after 2/3 months

I think just swapping Yaya or Gundogan for Fernandinho would have been enough to completely change the game, speed up the attack, have them chasing shadows.

I love Fern but we're just so much slower with him in the middle.

We're also so much more stable with him in the middle and quicker to win possession back, you're always more susceptible to a counter attack with Yaya in the team however good he is on the ball. People don't see the work Fernandinho does off the ball sometimes, he proactively cuts out the opponents passing options before they've even become an issue, Yaya reacts (occasionally) and very slowly.

I didnt see anything different from most of the stuff we played last year.

Pedestrian at times no midfielders running past the ball to challenge the lines.

For me, we are one dimensional and still don't have Plan B no Dzeko.

This season will be copy and paste particularly at home against teams in the bottom half.

Maybe Llorente (in a swap for Bony) wouldn't be a bad shout from off the bench.

We didn't do badly against teams in the bottom half last season. It's our record against the better sides that cost us and it's those games that will make the difference this season. I'll take dull 2-0 wins every week if we do better in the key games. Teams struggle to park the bus for 95 mins. Only Stoke of the 'lesser' teams did it to us last season.

Good result, the 3-5-2 looked a bit less natural than it did pre-season. Danilo is a good player, but I can't help but feeling he is out of position on the left. Defensively he was fine but going forward he looked hesitant with his weaker foot and kept playing it onto his right before crossing in. I think 3-5-2 could be a useful option this season, but I still prefer the 4-1-2-3 / 4-3-3 as it would allow Sane, Sterling and Bernardo Silva to play more often

We're also so much more stable with him in the middle and quicker to win possession back, you're always more susceptible to a counter attack with Yaya in the team however good he is on the ball. People don't see the work Fernandinho does off the ball sometimes, he proactively cuts out the opponents passing options before they've even become an issue, Yaya reacts (occasionally) and very slowly.

Agreed. But against sides who park the bus against us, I'd put Gundogan in over Fernandinho once he's fit

We didn't do badly against teams in the bottom half last season. It's our record against the better sides that cost us and it's those games that will make the difference this season. I'll take dull 2-0 wins every week if we do better in the key games. Teams struggle to park the bus for 95 mins. Only Stoke of the 'lesser' teams did it to us last season.

Id still like us to have something else up our sleeve though.

How many time did the rags go route one and nicked something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.