Llorente for Bony?

Kompany, Otamendi, Mendy and Stones will be our arial options if we ever find ourselves stooping to utds level and hoofing it in the air looking for last minute goals.

None of them can be a realistic option from open play. As far as stooping to united's level is concerned well sometimes you have to win ugly, i would rather go for a ugli win than looking pretty for 90mins . We did seem a bit short of ideas before the first goal and posters in the match thread were comparing today's performance with last season. With parked buses infront of us and 2 strikers that dont offer aerial threat its not a bad plan B by any means. Afters today's match teams at the lower end especially will use brighton's tactics as a template. We do need a 3rd striker that offers a aerial threat whether its lorente or someone else

None of them can be a realistic option from open play. As far as stooping to united's level is concerned well sometimes you have to win ugly, i would rather go for a ugli win than looking pretty for 90mins . We did seem a bit short of ideas before the first goal and posters in the match thread were comparing today's performance with last season. With parked buses infront of us and 2 strikers that dont offer aerial threat its not a bad plan B by any means. Afters today's match teams at the lower end especially will use brighton's tactics as a template. We do need a 3rd striker that offers a aerial threat whether its lorente or someone else
We won 2-0. We didn't have any need for a plan b. We ground them down and our quality shown through without having to resort to long balls in the box hoping for the best. utd winning ugly has seen them finish below us for the last 3 years and I suspect the next 3 at least.
I'd rather us stick to our principles and have faith in the way we play. We are a lot better set up to succeed this time around than we were last season.

We won 2-0. We didn't have any need for a plan b. We ground them down and our quality shown through without having to resort to long balls in the box hoping for the best. utd winning ugly has seen them finish below us for the last 3 years and I suspect the next 3 at least.
I'd rather us stick to our principles and have faith in the way we play. We are a lot better set up to succeed this time around than we were last season.

Naive and complacent. Sorry has to be said.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.