Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me the 3rd choice of stones/kompany/Ota, still showed signs of his old self against Spurs but whatever, the lad has had a decent enough pre-season and i hope he's on top form all year

he is such a tough fucker. There was one instance today when I thought Oliver could have give a foul against him but 2 seconds later he throws himself into very tough tackle again and wins the ball. He just likes to tackle more than to breath :D

Our best centerback yesterday, with and without the ball. All three of our CBs benefit from additional cover when they come out and defend on the front foot, so I think this formation helps them all out a lot.
I though Kompany was best - but it's a close thing.

With Stones in the middle we are so much better - Stones has much less pressure to defend and is far more comfortable - meanwhile our counter-press relieves pressure on our entire back line - Otters is thus much more composed and now dives into tackles much less often. And Kompany - is simply one the best defenders in world football - hopefully he's injury free from here on out.

I like him. He has his flaws but hey ho, he is not Maldini. It's not easy to be defender in Pep's team, even the man himself acknowledged that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.