Lukas Nmecha

Don't see why he would tbh.

I assume he'd have been part of the preseason tour given the inclusion of players like Muric and Duhaney. It was his exploits with England that caused his longer rest.

And I don't fancy us risking either Aguero or Jesus in a friendly, so why not give Nmecha a go?

Who would you play?

Nmecha will surely play the Checkatrade game vs Rotherham. Stick Sterling up front as a false 9 in the friendly

I assume he'd have been part of the preseason tour given the inclusion of players like Muric and Duhaney. It was his exploits with England that caused his longer rest.

And I don't fancy us risking either Aguero or Jesus in a friendly, so why not give Nmecha a go?

Who would you play?

I don't see why he would've gone on tour either there are plenty of options up front. Sane, Sterling, Diaz. Bernardo and KdB as secondary striker.

Muric and Duhaney inclusions were logical Ederson only GK and Walker only RB. There were/are plenty of strikers.

I don't see why he would've gone on tour either there are plenty of options up front. Sane, Sterling, Diaz. Bernardo and KdB as secondary striker.

Muric and Duhaney inclusions were logical Ederson only GK and Walker only RB. There were/are plenty of strikers.

Of those, I'd only want to play Diaz and maybe Bernardo for a few minutes. No need to risk fit first team players in a mid-season friendly.

Of those, I'd only want to play Diaz and maybe Bernardo for a few minutes. No need to risk fit first team players in a mid-season friendly.

Sterling and Sane could both use minutes.

Bernardo will start 100%. No place for Nmecha now or when we were on tour.

Sterling and Sane could both use minutes.

Bernardo will start 100%. No place for Nmecha now or when we were on tour.

There was no place for him on tour as he was playing for the England U19's, we only have 2 out and out strikers in Kun & Jesus.

The other options are players that CAN play up top, but its not their preferred position, and apart from perhaps Diaz, none seem to be natural goalscorers.

Given that everyone seems to be in agreement that Kun & Jesus need to get their shooting boots on then why not try an EDS player that seems a natural goalscorer, who actually has the added dimension of being more of a target man than any of our striker options.

We don't have a 3rd striker anymore after Nacho's departure, so why not give him a go? It could be our 'Rashford' moment.

He may well be being saved for the checkatrade game, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Foden, Diaz & Tosin given a run out in that game too.

One thing I have noticed though is he hasn't been given a squad number, so is there something going on in the background that we don't know about?

There was no place for him on tour as he was playing for the England U19's, we only have 2 out and out strikers in Kun & Jesus.

The other options are players that CAN play up top, but its not their preferred position, and apart from perhaps Diaz, none seem to be natural goalscorers.

Given that everyone seems to be in agreement that Kun & Jesus need to get their shooting boots on then why not try an EDS player that seems a natural goalscorer, who actually has the added dimension of being more of a target man than any of our striker options.

We don't have a 3rd striker anymore after Nacho's departure, so why not give him a go? It could be our 'Rashford' moment.

He may well be being saved for the checkatrade game, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Foden, Diaz & Tosin given a run out in that game too.

One thing I have noticed though is he hasn't been given a squad number, so is there something going on in the background that we don't know about?

He doesn't have a squad number because he's a EDS player and not expected to be in the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.