N'Zonzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to transfermarkt.de he is a candidate for Juventus, together with Can from Liverpool.

Would be a solid move...still think we need to add more to the DM position.

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 10h10 hours ago
City and Arsenal have made extensive inquiries about Sevilla midfielder Steven N'Zonzi (28), who wants to leave the club. [@AlfredoPedulla]

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 9h9 hours ago
Replying to @City_Watch
N'Zonzi has a €40m release clause but Sevilla could lower that to €35m + €5m in bonuses. Juventus also like the player. [@AlfredoPedulla]

Would be a solid move...still think we need to add more to the DM position.

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 10h10 hours ago
City and Arsenal have made extensive inquiries about Sevilla midfielder Steven N'Zonzi (28), who wants to leave the club. [@AlfredoPedulla]

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 9h9 hours ago
Replying to @City_Watch
N'Zonzi has a €40m release clause but Sevilla could lower that to €35m + €5m in bonuses. Juventus also like the player. [@AlfredoPedulla]

Nzonzi would be a good addition, we seriously lack quality in CB and DM positions, and I don't even mean defending - the 3ATB won't do us any good without CBs and DM able to break the lines with a 1st pass - they'll have a lot of time on the ball in such formation. Bonucci, for example, would significantly improve the attacking potential of this team.

What I don't understand is, if the interest is genuine, why did we extend Yaya? Or our transfer plans are changing every week?

A good player, really improved since leaving Stoke. Would worry about his athleticism in a team like ours but he positions himself well and is intelligent on and off the ball.

Don't really see the need for him as such, he certainly wouldn't be in my starting 11, but I can understand that he would be particularly useful in europe and in big games where we may operate a strict 3 at the back system.

Must be a different player to the one I have seen play, even for Sevilla. He does not have the technical ability and I still don't get the insistence of people saying we need a DM. Pep's teams don't use one as they rely on possession, if you keep the ball and press quickly to win it back you don't need a DM.

Must be a different player to the one I have seen play, even for Sevilla. He does not have the technical ability and I still don't get the insistence of people saying we need a DM. Pep's teams don't use one as they rely on possession, if you keep the ball and press quickly to win it back you don't need a DM.

Even allowing for the fact that it was a meaningless friendly & that oir team are still getting up to speed, Yaya & Gundogan's performances yesterday showed clearly why we need another, capable DM.

Fernandinho will get yellows, and teams like Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool & Utd will outwork us in midfield if we play any two / three of our other midfielders (none of which, apart from Fernandinho, can count tackling as a strong point).

We still pull out of far too many tackles, and for any one game missed by Fern in the league we have a one in five chance of it being against one of these teams, with all our midfielders pulling out of challenges.

Even allowing for the fact that it was a meaningless friendly & that oir team are still getting up to speed, Yaya & Gundogan's performances yesterday showed clearly why we need another, capable DM.

Fernandinho will get yellows, and teams like Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool & Utd will outwork us in midfield if we play any two / three of our other midfielders (none of which, apart from Fernandinho, can count tackling as a strong point).

We still pull out of far too many tackles, and for any one game missed by Fern in the league we have a one in five chance of it being against one of these teams, with all our midfielders pulling out of challenges.

I respect your views but imo DM is not a pep player or someone he wants, he wants passers and creative players, keep the ball and press quickly to win it back no need for a Dm. That's the nirvana view anyway

I respect your views but imo DM is not a pep player or someone he wants, he wants passers and creative players, keep the ball and press quickly to win it back no need for a Dm. That's the nirvana view anyway
It's usually called 'pivot' nowadays. Talking about about DM, a player like Rijkaard, Busquets, Weigl is meant. N'Zonzi can play that role, showed it under Sampaoli.

Last edited:
It's usually called 'pivot' nowadays. Talking about about DM, a player like Busquets, Weigl is meant.

100%.

It's about being able to break up play more than owt else, like Mascherano, Weigl, Goretzka, Alonso. And Pep has always had at least two in his squads.

It depends how Pep see's other player's ability to do this (he knows far, far better than me), but after watching last season withput Fern, I'd say we need one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.