Ticket allocations to branches

dooie68

I know this is a mute point and may open old wounds however, can anyone explain the way tickets are allocated to branches for away games?
Do branches receive a number of tickets based on their total membership?
Or is it based on the number of season ticket holders or hold citizens cards?
Or is it to do with the number of home games branch members attend?
The reason I ask is how can one branch receive more tickets than another when the same amount have been requested by both branches?
Mr Parker doesn't or won't answer my question.
Any actual or factual advice would be appreciated

Great question. Can you add "Once received how are they distributed"
As Secretary for the Mid Cheshire Branch we open the doors for all Members to apply directly within our Branch to our Match Day Ticket Co-Ordinator who will then apply on the Branches behalf for that amount of tickets.
However and most importantly,all Season Ticket Holders who have the allotted number of points for those games must apply directly to the Ticket Office,so therefore we as a Branch are not taking away unnecessary tickets.
Obviously we don`t always get what we ask for,but we have been quite fortunate that we have been able to acquire tickets for Bournemouth (1 ticket required,1 ticket received) and Brighton (7 required, 4 received) etc.
With regard as to how we distribute these tickets between our 70 Members is straightforward and in our opinion (The Branch and its Members) a fair distribution method.We allocate points for each Branch Meeting you attend and even allocate a point for those who send their apologies to me,prior to that Meeting.Once you have received a ticket you then lose one point and this allows the next batch of people to receive the tickets,so the same people are not getting the lions share.
We have something like 95% (could even be more) of Members who are long term Season Ticket Holders or Citizen Card Holders.
We have NO idea as to how the Tickets are allocated via The Exec Committee to each Branch and in all honesty thats non of our business,but our Branch Members are happy with the way that we control and organise this system as its their Branch and we (the Mid Cheshire Committee) are only the custodians of their rules.
Oakie.

As Secretary for the Mid Cheshire Branch we open the doors for all Members to apply directly within our Branch to our Match Day Ticket Co-Ordinator who will then apply on the Branches behalf for that amount of tickets.
However and most importantly,all Season Ticket Holders who have the allotted number of points for those games must apply directly to the Ticket Office,so therefore we as a Branch are not taking away unnecessary tickets.
Obviously we don`t always get what we ask for,but we have been quite fortunate that we have been able to acquire tickets for Bournemouth (1 ticket required,1 ticket received) and Brighton (7 required, 4 received) etc.
We have NO idea as to how the Tickets are allocated via The Exec Committee to each Branch and in all honesty thats non of our business,but our Branch Members are happy with the way that we control and organise this system as its their Branch and we (the Mid Cheshire Committee) are only the custodians of their rules.
Oakie.
Thanks for that Oakie.
I respect the work of the Supporters Club branches, but you have said there that basically you ask the people with the points to get their own tickets and then you can have a few extra extra tickets for those without the requisite points.
The same used to happen at my branch, and the branches I was in previously.

Consequently I won't be in Bournemouth with my 19,000 points whilst dim of the oak and numerous others I know will be there on a lot less.
I couldn't give a funk though about all the pigs in the trough because I'll be in Burgandy with my family, whilst mid week games to the North East will take more of a back seat.

Thanks for that Oakie.
I respect the work of the Supporters Club branches, but you have said there that basically you ask the people with the points to get their own tickets and then you can have a few extra extra tickets for those without the requisite points.
The same used to happen at my branch, and the branches I was in previously.

Consequently I won't be in Bournemouth with my 19,000 points whilst dim of the oak and numerous others I know will be there on a lot less.
I couldn't give a funk though about all the pigs in the trough because I'll be in Burgandy with my family, whilst mid week games to the North East will take more of a back seat.
We had this long "discussion" last year mate and I`m not here to fall out with you again over the issue of allocation between the Exec Committee and its Branches.
The way we run it within our Branch,is in our opinion fair and gives everyone an opportunity of getting to an away game when normally they wouldn`t have stood a chance.
I respect and acknowledge what you`re saying ... some long term ST Holders don`t always get a fair crack of the whip,especially with those amounts of points you and others have amassed over the seasons.
Perhaps MCFC and Kevin Parker can answer "who and what criteria decides what amount/% of away tickets gets to bona fide Supporters Clubs".I think we both know the answer to that. ;)

It does amaze me when I see some faces (on telly,videos etc etc),of City fans in the away end,looking at the average age of about 60 plus,all must be members of supporters club branches,don't get me wrong there will be plenty who have done aways for years,but majority have never took an inflatable or never even heard of Imre Varadi I bet,always been unfair the way tickets are dished out at City.......now where's that number for that Belgian branch again.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.