Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell. "Did not see the iceberg there Captain".
Assuming he does sign even though it is left field I'm not too unhappy with this again assuming the other CB s all stay. Not sure who had high hopes for DeMichaelis once we saw him outrun by the ball boys but he did a decent job. If he can do a job as a back up then fair enough.
Don't subscribe to this anti rag stuff with him. I hate the Rags as much as any other blue but love be our club far more so it shouldn't be an issue these days - I would have a harder time if we signed one of the hobby fuckers always slagging us off. As for Evans he seems just a fairly shit ex rag. The spitting though is horrible.

Over 100 pages on Jonny Evans. Christ.

After the summer we've had, Never in a million years did I think Jonny F****ing Evans would be up for discussion.

The only few positives I could take from this, is that he's a cheap fourth choice CB and the possibility of lumping more money on a forward (Sanchez, Mbappe or Aubameyang).
I can think of more-

Relatively low wages
Leadership skills
Experience
Mentor for Stones and Tosin
Homegrown
Knows the league
Pronounceable name to avoid confusing Merson
Has won the league

All in all I don't think he'd be a bad signing.

Well we better be getting a striker that can add at least another 25 goals then. 'cos we're certanly bound to cocede a few when the likes of Kane come up against him.
Edin wasn't exactly usain bolt but tore him at least 3 new ones during the 6-1.... and that was 5 years back.

He was sent off before Edin came on. That's not exactly a great indictment for the lad though to be honest as Balotelli mugged him off.

I can think of more-

Relatively low wages
Leadership skills
Experience
Mentor for Stones and Tosin
Homegrown
Knows the league
Pronounceable name to avoid confusing Merson
Has won the league

All in all I don't think he'd be a bad signing.
Gives hope to all the Academy lads knowing that you don't have to be that good to get into the team.

I would be so happy if the window ends now. I am very happy with our current squad. Just don't think adding a Maldiniesque player would do us any good. Evans will undoubtedly demand crazy wages and a player of his ability would not be happy playing just as center back.

So you want to spend 60m on VVD and have Otamendi another 40m CB being 4th choice?

Buying Evans now as a 4th choice will make sure to sell Otamendi next year and buy a world class CB with Evans stayin as a 4th choice.

Oh great news let's give him a 5 year deal then.

Can't wait for the World Class CB. Sell Ota and keep Evans.

Worst plan ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.