Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz7

Yaya: "We need to start the season quickly. If we have the chances we have to score. We have to show that killer instinct and be clinical."

Yaya: "If we don’t win something then we will be removed very quickly. City is now a club that has to win something every year."

In games like yesterday's, where the opponent packs it in and we dominate possession, I really think that Yaya should start. These games are tailor made for him - not a lot of running around on defense is needed, and Yaya's killer passes forward may be just the thing to unlock a parked defense. Would have liked to see Yaya starting ahead of Fernandinho for this game.

Could Yaya play in the middle of a back three? - he played as a centre half when Barcelona beat the rags in the 2009 champions league final.

Not sure whether he has the pace needed and whether he would be too deep to unpick defences with his passing but it could be worth a try.

Could Yaya play in the middle of a back three? - he played as a centre half when Barcelona beat the rags in the 2009 champions league final.

Not sure whether he has the pace needed and whether he would be too deep to unpick defences with his passing but it could be worth a try.
Yaya is so intelligent as a footballer he could play anywhere, but unfortunately his legs no longer work as fast these days. In a deep lying back 4 maybe he could play there, but playing a high line back 3 he would struggle with the ball over the top and fast striker's.

Who do we actually replace this beast with !!!! If i could cast a spell and turn back the clock on his years i would because i struggle to think of someone who has his power, technical ability, scoring ability.

The one thing we will need next season is to replace his overall quality and presence

Who do we actually replace this beast with !!!! If i could cast a spell and turn back the clock on his years i would because i struggle to think of someone who has his power, technical ability, scoring ability.

The one thing we will need next season is to replace his overall quality and presence
He's unique at midfield - don't think a one-for-one replacement is out there. Hopefully Gundogan will have Yaya's passing ability but unlike Yaya, will have more defensive stamina. Driving forward to score though, Gundogan does not have that ability in his skill set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.