Arsenal 4-3 City 21/08/2017

mcfc moon

City lost this one, but more will be said about the red cards

Matt Smith went in on Wilshire, which looked like one of those tackles where he knew what he was doing. Wilshire totally over-reacts. Wilshire has a right to complaint imo, but still went ott, Tyreke Wilson went into rage mode and I thought he was gunna drop Wilshire.

Sure most people will agree with me that Wilshire is a twat anyway and so most will have a snigger at Matt Smiths tackle.

Goals from Matt Smith, Brahim and Lukas Nmecha, shame they couldn't have salvaged a draw. Still don't agree that you can play over 23's in this competition.

Next Match Leicester on Friday.

I really wish the club would change their stance on first team players playing for the EDS. Mendy and Gundogan are both clearly going to be lacking in match fitness, and could have been given an hour last night for the EDS ahead of the Bournemouth game. Every other club does it, and it would probably benefit the kids anyway if they were given the chance to play alongside first team players.

I really wish the club would change their stance on first team players playing for the EDS. Mendy and Gundogan are both clearly going to be lacking in match fitness, and could have been given an hour last night for the EDS ahead of the Bournemouth game. Every other club does it, and it would probably benefit the kids anyway if they were given the chance to play alongside first team players.

I don't really understand why they don't do it. i get it if the player has been out for a few weeks but someone like Gundogan could really use the gametime.

I thought Wilson was going to reenact Franny Lee on Norman Hunter.

There are two sides to the coin here.

Play Gundogan and Mendy:

Improve their fitness, get them into the team quicker and hopefully they'll be closer to full match fitness that the alternative of just training.

However, you're also taking two spots away from youth players where there clearly is a high focus. For example, yesterday, had Mendy played, Tyreke Wilson, a promising 17 year old wouldn't have played against a strong attacking outfit. Smith or Davenport most likely would have been dropped if we're saying Gundogan is playing deep. Again both of these players are promising and need game time.

There is also an argument of 'The message'. I'm not saying this happens, but could the youth players get miffed if they end up losing their place to a first teamer just because their coming back from injury. Arsenal away is a big game, and it is for the Academy sides. It's at the Emirates, their would be such a buzz of playing this, only to be told that actually, you're going to be dropped because this older fella needs game time.

It's a difficult one, and I see both sides, but I just feel that given the size of city's 1st team squad, there is no rush to get these players (Mendy + Gundo) back into the team, where as there is a rush, an impatience to get some of these kids into the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.