Ben Gibson

Honestly I watch Chambers and Gibson play last season, all I can say if Gibson is worth 30 million, then Chambers should be going for around 100 million! Chambers was holding that back 4 together. Gibson looks like he is pulling a bus and theirs more chance Darron Gibson will get a cap for England before he does.
I don't know about Gibson, but I really rate Callum Chambers. I suggested him as a central defensive target

Neither he nor Evans are superior to Mangala. If we are willing to spend £30m+ on a home grown player it may as well be Bertrand. There's an argument that we need another full back just as much as a centre half. If a loan is the only option for Mangala, I think we should keep him as our fourth centre back.

Disagree, I think £300million should be easily enough to fix the problems in the squad.

We have spent £210 million on new players (players which are badly needed) and we still need another CB (maybe another one as well), another LB, another CM, another AM another winger (other than Sanchez), Sanchez himself and maybe even another striker as well. Considering the kind of talent we are looking for, you are not going to be able to avoid spending £90 million or less filling all those positions (or even some of them), not these days anyway.

Last edited:
We just need to scout better but we seem to go for the established player, who obviously will cost way more than bit of a left field signing. Dortmund got Weigl for €2m for example.

The problem with signing left-field players is that you would be gambling your season on the basis that they may or may not turn out to be the real deal, a gamble which City has too often lost and has paid the price for it. Thus while I am not against signing such players as potential first team players (so long as they are able to prove themselves elsewhere before formally becoming part of the Man City first team), I feel we would be more able to reach the goals the club has set by buying proven (WC) players to play in our first team.

Likewise these days, even (unproven) players with potential seem to cost an absolute fortune these days, so you would not be saving a great deal of money by going down this road to fill in the gaps in our first team.

Neither he nor Evans are superior to Mangala. If we are willing to spend £30m+ on a home grown player it may as well be Bertrand. There's an argument that we need another full back just as much as a centre half. If a loan is the only option for Mangala, I think we should keep him as our fourth centre back.

mangala isn't good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.