Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I deserve an assist for the goal. I'd just said to the bloke next to me "Raheem doesnt score enough goals" when he did!
And you think you deserve an assist for this?

So a defender who grabs the strikers shirt as the striker scores, he too should get n assist then :p

Sorry lads and lasses, but IMO he remains infuriatingly inconsistent and even on Monday was wasteful in possession. Before his goal, he was dreadful. Appreciate I am in a very small minority, but just don't see it with him - sorry

Sorry lads and lasses, but IMO he remains infuriatingly inconsistent and even on Monday was wasteful in possession. Before his goal, he was dreadful. Appreciate I am in a very small minority, but just don't see it with him - sorry

Haha you no nowt

Far more consistent then our any other player on the pitch, atleast he tries to make a difference and hurries our lethargic build up play a bit. Even last season he was our 2nd highest goalscorer (after Sergio) and second highest assist-maker (after Kevin).

Sterling's not a problem, never been. It's the players around him.

He was the best player on the pitch before the goal. You look at him miss a shot or two, misplace a pass or two, and seem to ignore that in 10 minutes he got more chances & got himself in more crossing positions than the rest of the team did in the other 80.

He's involved probably 3/4 of our goals these days and some people still don't see it.

He was the best player on the pitch before the goal. You look at him miss a shot or two, misplace a pass or two, and seem to ignore that in 10 minutes he got more chances & got himself in more crossing positions than the rest of the team did in the other 80.

He's involved probably 3/4 of our goals these days and some people still don't see it.

completely agree with what you've said. he was the best player on the pitch when he was on, created most of our chances and was a constant threat. it doenst matter what he does, certain fans just dont like him. whereas players like sane or jesus dont perform and they get no where near as much abuse.

If you look at the highlights and skip towards the end (last 10 or so minutes of the game) literally every highlight is Sterling attempting to make a play for us until he gets the goal

Wow....

He could literally score 40 this year and you wouldn't let up on the lad.

Just as a bit of perspective, you should realise that having players that drive at defences is the only way pep wants his team to play. You can see sterling, sane or Jesus lose possession in the last 3rd, however watch our shape when they do so, it's high percentage play as we invariably turn the ball back over very quickly, it's designed as such, hence guardiola looks like he'll stab someone when it's needlessly played long.... "to be or not to be" (:

Regardless of the system, raz looks to me, like one of the players who will go up another notch after a year of peps coaching, if he does then think what that means for the impact on the team and the stats he'll be dishing out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.