Celtic Thread 2017/18.

Tough draw for them in the Champions League. Bayern vs. PSG will be good matches to see who tops the group, but I think Celtic have every it of a chance to nip Anderlecht to move into the Europa League. Would you have preferred another draw in a group with an English side @Magicpole ?

Obviously two potential tankings but it was always about the battle for 3rd for us and hopefully we can do Yhe Belgians.

I would have liked that but maybe next year.

Obviously two potential tankings but it was always about the battle for 3rd for us and hopefully we can do Yhe Belgians.

Tell your players to make sure they have decent boots on, those fuckers put mayonnaise on everything.

Yeah, but getting to see the likes of Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe (potentially), Lewandowski, Vidal, etc. should be entertaining for the home fans.

Yeah, but getting to see the likes of Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe (potentially), Lewandowski, Vidal, etc. should be entertaining for the home fans.

It will be brilliant. Just have to have a go and hope for a ref who hates French and Gernan teams.

Two ways of looking at that draw for you. If you're looking to get to the knockout stages, it's a real pisser. But if you're looking to see some of the stellar players in Europe, it's a fantastic draw. Not sure those two objectives go hand in hand though!

Two ways of looking at that draw for you. If you're looking to get to the knockout stages, it's a real pisser. But if you're looking to see some of the stellar players in Europe, it's a fantastic draw. Not sure those two objectives go hand in hand though!

Exactly. But tbh the best chance they would have had to progress would have been the rags or Liverpool's group, and even then I couldn't see them finishing any higher than third.

those two objectives go hand in hansd though!
Exactly. But tbh the best chance they would have had to progress would have been the rags or Liverpool's group, and even then I couldn't see them finishing any higher than third.
True. They're badly handicapped by playing in a weak league. It doesn't prepare them for the higher standard of opponent they meet in the CL. To get easier draws they need to get to the knockout stages most seasons. But how can they do that, when they're not playing a high standard of league football? Chicken and egg.

Our objective is to get 3rd. Anything else would be an unlikely bonus. Very unlikely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.