Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

Good draw football wise. Napoli be tough but we should be topping it really.

We've booked Napoli awayvia Rome. Bit of ballache getting the 10.40 flight from Rome the day after the game (will have to be up at 6) but a full day in Rome to see what we didn't see and we get to Naples for about 1 on the day of the game after a god lie in. Feyenoord is too soon with work commitments and I'd really like to do another trip but the logistics of getting to Kharkiv look a fucking massive pain and Ukraine in December doesn't particularly whet the appetite unfortunately!

Good draw football wise. Napoli be tough but we should be topping it really.

We've booked Napoli awayvia Rome. Bit of ballache getting the 10.40 flight from Rome the day after the game (will have to be up at 6) but a full day in Rome to see what we didn't see and we get to Naples for about 1 on the day of the game after a god lie in.

If I read it correctly, Chelsea play in Rome on the Tuesday night

Can't see it. United do ticket collections every European away but there was no collection in feyenoord for this game due to safety concerns which tells you all you need to know about going to this game.
I'm going but will base in Amsterdam and will be straight in and out just before and right after game

aye , they attacked women and children when Hearts were there
avoid Big Ben pub iirc

Hello everyone, Napoli fan here. Excellent draw for us, I was actually looking forward to playing City again and trust me - this is going to be a fantastic clash. It is true we don't have Cavani anymore but we now have a terrific coach and we display fantastic football style. I am sure our manager will soon move to a big club in UK. Our team has also improved since 2011/12; we now have a young talented team we are very proud of. It is true we don't have top players like Cavani or Lavezzi anymore but don't forget our defense and midfield were pretty awful back then - we played Chelsea with Cannavaro (moved to Sassuolo the following year), Campagnaro (moved to Pescara), Aronica (retired after a terrible spell in third division), Gargano (moved to Mexico), Dossena (retired one year later) and other weak players who completed the starting XI back then. Nothing compared to the young, brilliant team we enjoy now: Insigne (Barcelona seemed interested in buying him to replace Neymar), Mertens (Barcelona made an official bid this summer but the player refused a move), Koulibaly (Chelsea had a 60m offer rejected), Ghoulam (Monaco has offered 40m to buy him). On top of that, Hamsik has never been in better form this year and we just bought Milik from Ajax last year for 32m. It's going to be a fantastic display of football in our group and I can't wait to see Sarri vs Guardiola.
Welcome to the board

went with Hearts Benny boy dead easy
We're you in the big Ben pub when their casuals tried to take it over.
You had to have your wits about you on that trip.
Feel safer going back to Amsterdam after the game.
That enclosed tunnel you walk through in the ground after entrance tells you everything about the hooligan element in their support.

If we do the business against Napoli we should be able to play a 2nd 11 against Shaktar prior to the derby.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.