City v Bournemouth post match

The pictures of the fat ginger steward grabbing Ferni, while he's on the pitch certainly needs to be brought to the FA's & Authorities attention. IIRC, stewards are not allowed onto the field except to remove non playing staff or in an emergency.
Trying to pull Ferni off the field deserves his dismissal, that cnut quite clearly doesn't understand his core role as a steward.
Disgusting. Bournemouth need to sort this out, no on wants to see barriers at grounds again, but if you can't get your staff in position and working effectively, do you really belong in the Premier league??

Great post. Hits the nail firmly on the head. Peps system isn't facilitating goals. You can call it which way you like but it ain't working and without prolific goal scoring we are up shit creak.

He HAS to sort this.
The system we use produces one of the highest shots per game ratios in the prem if not Europe. We're not scoring is the problem imo... It's like a mass mental block when in front of goal and the more it goes on the tougher it gets to break it.

Someone said we need to win 10-0 some time soon to be able to kick on... that would help, but I am beginning to think we need some stronger minded up front. Someone who doesnt fold in front of goal. Maybe Sanchez would be the deal we need.

The pictures of the fat ginger steward grabbing Ferni, while he's on the pitch certainly needs to be brought to the FA's & Authorities attention. IIRC, stewards are not allowed onto the field except to remove non playing staff or in an emergency.
Trying to pull Ferni off the field deserves his dismissal, that cnut quite clearly doesn't understand his core role as a steward.
Disgusting. Bournemouth need to sort this out, no on wants to see barriers at grounds again, but if you can't get your staff in position and working effectively, do you really belong in the Premier league??

What's the problem with being fat and/or ginger?

The system we use produces one of the highest shots per game ratios in the prem if not Europe. We're not scoring is the problem imo... It's like a mass mental block when in front of goal and the more it goes on the tougher it gets to break it.

Someone said we need to win 10-0 some time soon to be able to kick on... that would help, but I am beginning to think we need some stronger minded up front. Someone who doesnt fold in front of goal. Maybe Sanchez would be the deal we need.

Agreed, but whatever Pep is doing, it isn't allowing those chances to be productive. This was mentioned in the podcast on 93.20. As a problem with the set up not the final shot.

Agreed, but whatever Pep is doing, it isn't allowing those chances to be productive. This was mentioned in the podcast on 93.20. As a problem with the set up not the final shot.
Not sure how on earth not scoring open opportunities is a fault of Pep's.

Pep's job is foremost to motivate the team (job done), get their buy-in (job done), and play a style that will most often lead to victory (job done).

Pep cannot control referring decisions or poor form from players - both of which have hurt us so far this season.

Still - I'm happy to be where we are, given the crap that has happened to our team from the refs (and just to be clear - I'm not at all a "refs are against City" conspiracy theorist - I'm simply observing that we've had really bad luck in decisions going against our squad so far this year).

Yeah? What'd they say? How does the setup affect/impact the players scoring ability? I dont get to listen to 93.20 anymore, am interested what they say though

I don't think that Saturday's match is evidence of any failure on Pep's part: rather it shows me what a good performance the Bournmouth rearguard put up and proves, yet again, the cliché that there are one easy games in the PL.

We were one down before we got into the game because of Bournmouth's excellent start but after that we had 19 attempts of which 8 were on target and 2 scored. For much of the match we dominated the ball ant put B'mouth under real pressure. They played a back six with two midfielders in front and defended deep. They got blocks in and put themselves in line at every opportunity and the result was that quite often we were unable to get a clear shot in or it was deflected or completely blocked. Sergio got a shot in, Ferna did and apart from these efforts from the edge of the area and just outside the only relatively direct chance we got was Otamendi's header. Apart from those no-one got an inch - until the 97th minute when Danilo found Sterling in space.

We won't come up against sides which defend as well as B'mouth very often - and if Arsenal had shown a tenth of the organisation and made a twentieth of the effort they certainly would not have lost 4-0 on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.