Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get a transfer ban then it will be a disaster imo. Not getting Sanchez would be the least of our problems. I thought the chances of us getting a ban were seen as extremely low?
It would be a disaster, but much less so if we had landed Sanchez and a decent CB.

Sammy Lee said throughout the window that "Sanchez was our number one target".

I am sure many will try and put a positive spin on it but Pep must be disappointed. Our PL and CL rivals will be delighted.

Good management involves adequate planning against possible disaster scenarios, even if they are considered unlikely.

I wonder what Sanchez is thinking, i wonder if he blames us as well as Arsenal?

He has nothing to blame us for. Arsenal agreed to sell, then changed their mind because they never thought of actually making sure Lemar even wants to go to Arsenal.
It will be an interesting few months until January. I don't think Alexis will give a shit about Arsenal anymore now, I hope he will throw his toys out big time. Super scummy move from Arsenal over all.

Can't help feel Arsenal played a game here out of spite, Wenger has slated our spending in the past and stated its impossible to compete with clubs spending vs getting value in the market

Alves and now Sanchez, maybe the club needs to sit down and review how it handles its transfer business.

It's like a courtship dance, it takes two willing parties.
Many posters said Arsenal had to sell, but Wenger made it clear he was against it throughout.
We played a game of brinkmanship, leaving it very late, considering the price was the critical issue, but with very little time, we gave them an excuse to avoid completion of the deal. IMO Wenger will be much happier than Pep this morning.

If we had started earlier we might have paid £70m but we would have likely got Sanchez. Our chances of success in big competitions would have been significantly higher.

First point - I very much doubt it if Wenger is a happy bunny at all.
Speculative at best I'm afraid, we don't know how the negotiations were undertaken

He has nothing to blame us for. Arsenal agreed to sell, then changed their mind because they never thought of actually making sure Lemar even wants to go to Arsenal.
It will be an interesting few months until January. I don't think Alexis will give a shit about Arsenal anymore now, I hope he will throw his toys out big time. Super scummy move from Arsenal over all.

I don't think Sanchez will be anywhere near his best at Arsenal. He's a fierce competitor but having left (in his head) Arsenal I can't seem him in any way committed to Arsenal this season.

Which is why Gooner fans will be giddy this morning, they couldn't give a damn about money, they get another season with Sanchez.
I'd be hugely surprised if he signs for anyone in January, it's in his own interests now to leave on a free next summer.
All wenger has done is created a bow wave for next summer when they have to rebuild without CL as an enticement

Summat good has got to happen this season re suspensions and injuries. It's unquantifiable how much we lose when the likes of Aguero, Kompany and Silva are not available! Good solid season on the treatment front. About time we had the benefit of ALL of our stars and starlets.

Hopefully although I sense Jesus is already being targetted. Kompany being fit it vital though. I don't think he is the greatest defender any longer but he is a great leader.

Presumably because Arsenal weren't willing to negotiate until the final days of the window?

I think that stance was only put out there for the fans. As soon as you threw a half decent offer in our direction we folded and look to be doing the same with Ozil.

A 60m+ in July or early August and he'd be a City player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.