Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second best defender at the club if only pep knew how to spot defensive talent he could have had a big future. Hopefully circumstances mean he can get a run of games.

I don't think there are fans of Mangala. People are happy Mangala is our 4th choice because it's not Evans. If it was Dani Alves no one would care if we let Mangala for free even. There are City fans who want us to have depth in CB. If that depth means having Evans and Tosin to field during CL then we have every right to be concerned.

At the moment it's great to have a 4th choice like Mangala given the circumstances of his supposed sale. If we can find someone better during the transfer market no one would care about any sentiments for Mangala. But Evans is just not good enough, not good enough against us, not good enough against the top teams of Europe if we need to field 4th choice.

Because he's here now, our 4th choice CB, why not support the lad and give him a chance to be coached better. Doesn't matter if he plays or doesn't, but don't shove him aside. We've gone far from having Boyata as 4th choice and winning the league. I can't wait for us to clear the CB so we can improve. But Mangala is not a bad option to have considering when he's good he's really good. When he's poor he's absolute rubbish granted but that's what the coaches are there for.

I hope he has a chance to prove his worth this season, as he has the ability to save us from losing a fortune on him, and having to spend really big next season, given the level of transfers this year. Our next big needs are a couple of strong DM/CMs and a CF (with a bit of size, IMHO). However, I'm getting a chubby thinking that we might be able to add Sanchez and Messi to the team next season for no transfer fees and just big pay cheques, which leaves the transfer kitty for world class additions in the previously mentioned CM/DM positions. A good season of development for Mangala Could be fantastic for the club.

And, if Messi really is possible, that might help make the next sponsorship deal a real bonanza, too!

Mangala fans might not have long to wait....

God help us if he gets in, I remember how inept he was in the 4-1 defeat a few years back, he's utter dross to think somebody sanctioned us paying £42 for him beggars belief, I thought it was to good to be true Palace offering £23 million for him.

Bit off topic so just say this.Depends on January but I think if we had got Sanchez and Evans then next summer we would have gone for 2 C.M, 1 CB and a left back 4 in total. Unless we do it in January we would probably need another C.B and a forward so 6 which is a bit more wholesale than I think the club wanted in a world cup summer, so I'd expect us to be a bit more active in January than we are normally.
Who knows mate. Football is a funny old game which never fails to surprise me. We definitely need reinforcements in the positions you mentioned, but irrespective of what the club says, I can see the next 2 summers being almost as busy as this one.

I think by then, we will need to be replacing Yaya, Fernandinho, Silva & Kompany & possibly Aguero too. Those will be some mighty football boots to fill mate.

Having a £40 million fourth choice centre back - it could be a lot worse!

United are one of the favourites for the league and have Phil Jones there.

Having a £40 million fourth choice centre back - it could be a lot worse!

United are one of the favourites for the league and have Phil Jones there.
Quite. The issue is our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice CBs, not the quality of the 4th choice one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.