Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely appalled by the bbc story on Sterling. Southgate rightly says although he was playing poorly it was a tough situation for him but he is professional and will bounce back as he always does. BBC throw in how Sterling has had it tough, is fighting for his place at City and was offered to Arsenal before they rejected our Sanchez bid.

Scored two in his last two games but nothing saod about that. Nothing about Rashford being benched last game for utd. Nothing about ox always being benched.

Just read it and found how ironic the ad banner at the top of the article stating "Always championing the truth--BBC News"

Sterling for me has the highest ceiling out of all the others. If he becomes more lethal he's potentially got 20+ goals in his locker every season. I would like to see the front three of Sane, Jesus and Sterling - especially with our fullbacks now who could allow the two wingers to drift inside.

He has to become more lethal. We can't afford to play him in his position and not have him consistently bang in 15-20 (or more) a season.

Same goes for Sane.

He has to become more lethal. We can't afford to play him in his position and not have him consistently bang in 15-20 (or more) a season.

Same goes for Sane.
Absolutely he does, not only in front of goal, but also his decision making at crucial times. I am no fan of his and hope he proves me wrong, but I see him getting more bench time this season than many on here would like.

He's started the season far ahead of Sané though, which is confusing many on here. Players at that age tend to be unpredictable and inconsistent. I think we'll miss him against Liverpool.

Absolutely he does, not only in front of goal, but also his decision making at crucial times. I am no fan of his and hope he proves me wrong, but I see him getting more bench time this season than many on here would like.

If he's on the bench because his performances or lack of them warrant it then so be it, if he continues to improve and keeps winning us points like he has done in our last two games then I don't see it.

What I do find odd mate is you jumping on every opportunity you get to do him down, like a dog worrying on a bone.

@ws01 is spot on, he does have to become more lethal, with support he may well do.

If he's on the bench because his performances or lack of them warrant it then so be it, if he continues to improve and keeps winning us points like he has done in our last two games then I don't see it.

What I do find odd mate is you jumping on every opportunity you get to do him down, like a dog worrying on a bone.

@ws01 is spot on, he does have to become more lethal, with support he may well do.

I dont see the hype at all I'm afraid. Yes, he won us points but that was one moment in 90.
I have no desire to do him down as you put it, but I feel people are being way OTT in what they believe he is or can be
As for support, he gets that every game from me, doesn't mean he cannot be criticised on an internet forum though for his perfomances.

I would love him to succeed but I have my doubts.

When he does things without thinking he is fine but give him some time on the ball he seems clueless, that chance he had for England being typical of him.

We are far too reliant on Aguero and Jesus for goals and Pep does not always play them together.

Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Gudgogan, Fernandinho, Yaya and the two Silvas should contribute more to the goals for column.

Sterling is inconsistent, and not confident in front of goal - he's been this way throughout his career. IMO, he's now about as good as he'll ever be.

Still, Sterling is a valuable member of our squad - able to break down defenses one-on-one - and at times clutch in desperate circumstances.

I like Sterling in our side, but he'll never be a Robben.

I dont see the hype at all I'm afraid. Yes, he won us points but that was one moment in 90.
I have no desire to do him down as you put it, but I feel people are being way OTT in what they believe he is or can be
As for support, he gets that every game from me, doesn't mean he cannot be criticised on an internet forum though for his perfomances.
Love your last line lol,juliet thread anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.