Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story out that Celtic wanted to buy him for £8 million but City decided to loan him ??

Not sure if any truth in it - just passing it on .

Very convenient timing of this article coming out. Likely Celtic pushed for it to be put out to deflect from the fact we didnt get him or sign anyone else late on. Classic 'We tried out best' shit from our board. Ignore.

Very convenient timing of this article coming out. Likely Celtic pushed for it to be put out to deflect from the fact we didnt get him or sign anyone else late on. Classic 'We tried out best' shit from our board. Ignore.

That idea and that figure were being bandied about earlier in the summer, but I agree, it sounds like a ploy to placate the fans. That infamous biscuit tin doesn't rattle any more as it's so stuffed full of notes. ;-)

Could well be right - do Celtic share the same board as Arsenal ?

Let's see how he does playing Bayern Munich and PSG twice.

I first thought it was lack of ambition but I also feel for the kid. A loan to a better club and he could easily see himself on the bench for no season. Zincenko shown for PSV in a game or two and then was benched and eventually ended up playing for their B team. At Celtic he knows he's valued and will play a lot. It's not late, he can still make it at City, players develop at different rate, he's one to keep an eye on.

Edit: If Celtic finish 3rd they'll go back to the Europa league which will be even more beneficial for him.

Respectfully, why would we sell Roberts for £8 million, when we have just sold a 16 year old for £10m to Dortmund.??

Let's see how he does playing Bayern Munich and PSG twice.

I first thought it was lack of ambition but I also feel for the kid. A loan to a better club and he could easily see himself on the bench for no season. Zincenko shown for PSV in a game or two and then was benched and eventually ended up playing for their B team. At Celtic he knows he's valued and will play a lot. It's not late, he can still make it at City, players develop at different rate, he's one to keep an eye on.

Edit: If Celtic finish 3rd they'll go back to the Europa league which will be even more beneficial for him.

He does well against City in the Champions League.

Would we have kept this fella if we had known Sanchez wouldn't sign? I don't think so. From pre-season alone, it looks like the manager doesn't fancy him. If he isnt gonna play he might as well be loaned out. Where to is another question. I happen to think our employees should do as they're told and if it's really true we set a move up to Soton, he should have gone. If we didn't, and that's already been discussed, apologies to the lad in advance.

Story out that Celtic wanted to buy him for £8 million but City decided to loan him ??

Not sure if any truth in it - just passing it on .

The Scottish press (The Scottish Sun), and also Brendan Rodgers says the £ 8 million deal was secured, then Pep Guardiola did a 'U' turn saying he wanted to keep Roberts under his umbrella for another year. According to the report, Celtic are still paying a seven-figure fee to land Roberts, who's ' lucrative ' wage they are also paying a ' major chunk ' off. And it is claimed there is ' every chance ' they will try again next summer to keep the 20 year old.

I have no doubt now they offered £8m but there is no way City would accept that. They should have offered £10m and a 40% sell on and we would still make a profit.

Our board have as much trouble spending money as I do perfecting triple back flips.

Not getting a CB drove me to the edge of insanity too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.