Tony Coton

GaudinosWheels

For those that don't know, TC book is out on 21st Sept. Seen snippets on Twitter including a bit about why he never played for England. Was new to me but the reasoning was pure Swales.

Despite where he went he was my childhood hero and still the best GK I have seen play for us (I'm 33).

For those that don't know, TC book is out on 21st Sept. Seen snippets on Twitter including a bit about why he never played for England. Was new to me but the reasoning was pure Swales.

Despite where he went he was my childhood hero and still the best GK I have seen play for us (I'm 33).
He was the best shot stopper i have seen for us, I'll give this a go, thanks for the heads up.

Great goaly and a great person .had a few drinks with him in Amsterdam airport a few years ago

He's a top bloke like all us Tamworth lads. He still comes back to have a few with his mates in the Bottom House.
Would be worth a few bob in today's market - thought he had everything personally.

Absolutely brilliant keeper. He was the best in England at the time. Had a torrid first few months at the club and then played brilliantly at Leeds in the Full Members/Simod Cup.
From that moment he won City fans over.
He had a chequered history to say the least when he joined us from Watford. Part of the Birmingham group that loved a scrap and I think only spared a custodial sentence by Graham Taylor pleading his case.
Will be a good read for sure.

Only goalie I remember to throw his gloves at the ref when he got sent off!

He's a top bloke like all us Tamworth lads. He still comes back to have a few with his mates in the Bottom House.
Would be worth a few bob in today's market - thought he had everything personally.

The Bottom House you say? Live just down the road from there.

Have to meet up for a beer. Though I prefer The Robert Peel :-)

As for TC, my old man knew him a bit back in the day and got him to come along to our junior team games a few times and to present trophies at end of season awards. That was for the mighty Claremont Rovers :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.