Going Abroad on your own

I would if I was single but don't know what I would do at night. Going out at night on your own is weird.

Had 5 days on my own in menorca in July chilled round the pool all day drinking San Miguel then vodka and lemonade in the evenings whilst watching the crap entertainment, highlight of the holiday was Lindsey from near Glasgow, she was very accommodating even tho her husband was asleep in her room

Would you/Have you done it?

Reason I say is split up last year and haven't met anyone new. Also got made redundant and moves back to Manchester. My new job means that I only have a set number of holidays to take.

Now looking at it. I can get cheap flight car hire etc and just fancy a bit of sun.

Is it fucking wierd spending (6) days away on your own? Anyone done it?

Found myself in similar situation to you earlier this year when I went to the south of France for the Monaco trip (I'd never been to France so wanted to see a few places before). Wine was nice like and I saw a few sights and got chatting to a few heads there a bit but none of them spoke English and I don't speak French so that was an issue. If it's a place where people speak English or you speak their language I'd give it another go tho. I'll probably do a few weeks in Asia in a year or two on my own and I don't see that being much trouble for me because theres plenty of brits there. My mate went to Thailand to see some mates out there and he said the best bits were when he fucked off on his own round hostels etc cos with his mates they just got in the same routine every day (get drunk on a beach then hit the brass house at night).

Had 5 days on my own in menorca in July chilled round the pool all day drinking San Miguel then vodka and lemonade in the evenings whilst watching the crap entertainment, highlight of the holiday was Lindsey from near Glasgow, she was very accommodating even tho her husband was asleep in her room
Ha, she sounds like a gem

Travelling alone is ok, think your own thoughts and do what you like within reason.
You could have a fantastic time or it could be a bit dull.
A couple of things, any hint of trouble, wherrever you are, drink up and leave, don't get involved.
Be friendly with people but don't get involved in any drinking games, make an excuse and leave. Stay in control.
Also, I never take all my shekels out with me, just what I think I might need for the night + 10,% , I leave the rest back at the hotel.
I have done a fair bit of travelling solo, I try not to annoy the rest of the world and hope that it doesn't interfere with me. I have had the odd thing stolen, but very trivial really(a couple of t - shirts) I also got scammed once for about £25 (quite clever it was).
So go, be a bit streetwise and stay in control.
Have a great time.

As others have said, it's a great feeling just clearing off by yourself for a few nights. Don't have to compromise or worry about anyone else, just a great chance to look after number 1.

It helps if you're content in your own company obviously, and take a book. Doing it during the season is a good idea as you'll often have some football on the tv in the evening to keep yourself occupied if you're at a loose end.

Enjoy! And you never know who you might meet....

Our 32 year old daughter goes regularly by herself and over the past 2 years has been to Thailand,Vietnam, and all over Europe travelling in her camper van.However she is far from being a loner and has made some wonderful friends from all over the world and would not have it any other way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.