Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
both Sane and Sterling should play as back up or rotation striker in 3-5-2 formation. no more wing back for me. fecking wasteful for his talents. Sane have all the characteristics to be a good striker.

Sane should never have the burden of defending as a major requirement (i.e. wing back) and should be free to maraud forward, brings out the best in him

Great confidence boost for him, took both goals very well.

Hopefully Pep will never put him at left back again!

Loved that he was playing alongside Aguero. First goal was a strikers finish, first time, hard just inside the post. Lovely. Second was a beautiful strike. Love his confidence and that he took his opportunity to shine with both hands. If Raheem and Leroy can continue the season the way they have started, then we don't have a goal scoring problem. Mendy and Leroy are going to seriously rip some teams to bits.

Sane should never have the burden of defending as a major requirement (i.e. wing back) and should be free to maraud forward, brings out the best in him

He simply had a bad game. Mendy was hardly shackled by the burden of defending yesterday, and Sané wasn't when he played wingback brilliantly last season.

For some reason people on here have to extrapolate 1 game into a permanent opinion and I just don't get it.

That wide role, call it wingback if you have to, saw Sané put in some amazing performances last season, and with only 1 LB, plus Aguero, Jesus and Sterling ahead of him in the running for the 2 striker roles in the 352, playing that position is something we might need him to do (just as well he did it brilliantly last season)

He simply had a bad game. Mendy was hardly shackled by the burden of defending yesterday, and Sané wasn't when he played wingback brilliantly last season.

For some reason people on here have to extrapolate 1 game into a permanent opinion and I just don't get it.

That wide role, call it wingback if you have to, saw Sané put in some amazing performances last season, and with only 1 LB, plus Aguero, Jesus and Sterling ahead of him in the running for the 2 striker roles in the 352, playing that position is something we might need him to do (just as well he did it brilliantly last season)

no i believe Sane has not played as well, on the whole, when asked to defend as a large portion of his duties. His head drops a bit in my opinion. he looks his best when in a more advanced role. As for last season, we rarely played him at wing back. i dont extrapolate 1 game into permanent opinion ever, but some do yes.

dunno why you brought Mendy into it.

Not getting Sanchez is going to be the making of sane and sterling. I see futures for both of them as strikers supporting one of the superstars. Gives us great options and I'm hoping we can sort the defensive (Otamendi) issue out to keep the two up top. Won the league twice with two up top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.