Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not have been Pep's primary motivation but that was good man management to bring him on yesterday. Pleased to see the lad given a bit of encouragement.
Totally agree, I thought it was an excellent piece of management. If he's going to stay, he's got to play a part, just in case he's required.

If someone had told me on the last day of last season that we would finish our next game against Liverpool winning 5-0 and with a defence missing Kompany but containing Mangala and Bravo I would have laughed out loud.

Funny old game.

He's a good player. It's not easy to be in and out of any team, and his fee is not his responsibility. He is not as accomplished with his feet as some others but he has other attributes: strength, pace and aggression. With aggressive, attacking full backs, it is important to have some pace in the central defence. Otherwise, as Ota showed yesterday, there can be some vulnerability to very pacy wingers and teams who operate on the counter attack against a high press.

Thought he was good yesterday. Would love him to succeed, good guy and thoroughly professional. His distribution and discipline were fine and he has always had pace and strength. He could be the surprise of this season.

Agreed I would just love to see him prove the doubters wrong. In terms of a centre half he still a very young man and there is plenty of time for him still to fulfil his potential at our club.

Very nice pass to set up KDB for the 4th. Nicolas Wheels was difficult to watch against Salah, and if Mangala can duplicate that sort of passing on a regular basis, I'd much rather see him against the speedy wingers than Wheels.

I think he done well still think he is under rated at the club. I would have him over Otamendi as I just feel at times Otamendi can be too rash and flys in and is caught out of position a lot. If he is going to break into the team more regularly he has to do it before January and I think he could well change Peps mind and thinking of him as a player.

mangala ,mendy , sane on the left at the end of the Liverpool match ,that is a bit scary for the oppos imo, all big units and quick

Good post. Would like to see that on Wednesday. Stones and Mangala can work. Perfect opportunity for Stones to show some leadership as well. Mangala played against tougher opposition with Valencia last season, he can handle himself.

If the rumours that we were looking to replace him are true,then it was craziness.He will never be the most graceful of players but he is an awesome option when physicality is the order of the day and power and pace are required.

Yesterday,he also showed good composure and a decent passing range,he did himself no harm at all.I'm a bit biased because i like the lad,and i want him to succeed,but i really cant see how we would have gotten ourselves a better quality '4th' choice with such a fantastic attitude.

I'm completely with you in that regard, the lad really does give it 100% and you can't help but admire him when he sprints back from corner kicks like a man possessed. Like you say he might not be as elegant in possession as Stones or as accomplished defensively as Kompany but I'm very happy to see him back and playing for us. He got very harshly treated because of the price tag and the expectations that go along with that but while he's in a City shirt and trying his best we should really get behind the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.