Tony Blair wanted British football league

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41201279

Tony Blair became "obsessed" with creating a British football league as a way of bringing the UK together, the former prime minister has revealed.

Mr Blair said he believed merging the Scottish and English leagues would strengthen the bonds between the two nations after devolution.

But he said a British national football team would have been a "step too far".

Mr Blair was speaking to BBC Scotland to mark the 20th anniversary of the devolution referendum.

I don't understand why this piece of shit still gets so much airtime. He should get Prison Time.

None taken buddy, politicians and trust are not words I would use in the same sentence.

Too true. Wishful thinking on my part. I believe someone also once said that anybody who yearns to be a politician should automatically be ruled out of the job as unsuitable.

The slimy bastard should be tried for war crimes, don't even get me started about his wife defending human rights of those who shouldn't be allowed any.

I think it would be good to be honest, i also would like a Great Britain national team rather than England. Always considered myself British, not English.

I think it would be good to be honest, i also would like a Great Britain national team rather than England. Always considered myself British, not English.

I hate that we have to put British on forms..I'm English not British...ffs can't imagine the Scots, Irish or Welsh being happy to put British either.
Would actually prefer to put Mancunian on if I had the option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.