Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be players out there, in the world, who can do this job better than what we have been subjected to in recent times.

Even Demichelis was better, for half a season & he was past it already when we signed him.

We should try look for a few more bargains instead of lumping loads of money on centre backs. We've spent close to £150m on stones, mangala and otamendi and I don't trust any of them. I think I could do a better job than our scouts if I had a free pass to travel the world watching games.

We should try look for a few more bargains instead of lumping loads of money on centre backs. We've spent close to £150m on stones, mangala and otamendi and I don't trust any of them. I think I could do a better job than our scouts if I had a free pass to travel the world watching games.

It's not just City either, look at the shite Liverpool have come up with.

Mind you, at least they had a good go at signing the one decent cb in the Prem who might be attainable (then fucked it up).

C/B is a tough position to fill currently.

I think that City have done the best they can to sign world class C/B's... unfortunate that all of our signings haven't performed up to expectations. Otters is improving though - and Stones may yet prove to be an excellent sweeper given adequate cover in the other 2 C/B positions.

Otamendi couldn't man mark a winger though could he?

Mendy by judgement or instruction gave Salah a massive corridor of space in which to work.
How anyone can believe it was by instruction still baffles me.

The anti-Its crew ate out in force. I predict they'll be quiet for the next 5 weeks. So see you guys early November at his next poor game: When you'll be absolutely certain he is just not good enough after 5 more stellar performances.

This time I'll count down for you guys :)

Second in the league, conceded least amount in the league ( one a worldie), quit your whinging and moaning and watch how other world class CBS ALL make mistakes. It is comes with the turf. Most exposed position on the pitch. Even St Vincent has had a few howlers!!

The anti-Its crew ate out in force. I predict they'll be quiet for the next 5 weeks. So see you guys early November at his next poor game: When you'll be absolutely certain he is just not good enough after 5 more stellar performances.

Good Post Dax +111

That's not what happened. If you actually watch the replay, you'll see Danilo (and Stones & Walker) step up playing an offside trap, only for Otamendi to be playing Mané onside because he's so terrified of Salah he's dropped 5 yards deeper than everyone else.

A lot of people keep saying "It's not fair, Otamendi's being put in a position he can't play due to being slow" but that's irrelevant. The high line is crucial to how we play, as is the fullbacks pushing up high and wide - those can't change, so he either needs to find a way to cope or we need to get someone who isn't a liability against anyone faster than a tugboat to play there instead.

Saying Otamendi would be great if we played a deep line is about as relevant as saying Peter crouch would be ideal if we wanted to knock balls into the box all game.

It's always a shame when these falsehoods start, coz they then develop a life of their own regardless of how often you point out it is false.

So the "Otamendi kept Mane onside" will live on in perpetuity in spite of being false.

I mean, you posted a bloody video for crying out loud. Did you even watch the video? Pause it at 0.55 when the ball is already half a yard off Matip's foot. You can see Mane clearly still a good step onside of Danilo. How did you see Danilo stepping up to keep Mane offside? Could it be that you just weally weally wanted it to be Otamendi's fault?

Then @Neville Kneville as usual with his aversion to facts, perpetrated the lie and on an on it goes.

I guarantee I will be correcting someone in a month about this Offside Marlakey :(

Sorry, you are wrong. The video you posted clearly shows Danilo and Otamendi playing Mane onside. Stop the ball at the defenders foot when he knocks it over the defensive line. When the ball is kicked Danilo steps forward a pace and Mane starts his run. He is gone and Danilo lacks the pace to stay with him. I'm not being critical of Danilo. These things happen. Thats why we have a sweeper keeper for these instances.

Edit. I should have added, I do agree with you about the offside trap. If we are going to play it against forwards of the quality and speed of Mane and Sahko, we need to be better and more disciplined at it.
Ah! Happy someone else caught this. But notice how it hasmy moved opinion much. :)

Bluemoon for you :)

Only about 2 days behind everyone else as usual Dax.

By the way, his last complete fucking disaster was Everton, so where were our 5 "stellar performances" between then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.