Bundesliga 2017/18

@Maldeika, remember I suggested a year ago that once Pep's drills are washed away from players' reflexes, you should expect a rude awakening? That's what is happening now. It doesn't mean that Ancelotti is impotent coach, but his attempts to mantain attacking/pressing system are futile as he probably lacks knowledge to train such things. So, what you have now is a disfunctional team of high-class individuals.

Once Ancelotti's time is up maybe Bayern fans will begin to appreciate Pep's reign there.

Once Ancelotti's time is up maybe Bayern fans will begin to appreciate Pep's reign there.
Bayern should hire Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Sarri or another similar coach if they want to keep up with the times. I guess the majority of adequate Bayern fans acknowledge it.

Bayern should hire Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Sarri or another similar coach if they want to keep up with the times. I guess the majority of adequate Bayern fans acknowledge it.

That is true.

The issue with Bayern and their fans is they play in a one team league so the title is almost guaranteed each season. The expectation is that they'll win the Champions League. A Bayern manager is not successful if he doesn't win the CL but this is a flawed view. The CL is a knockout competition where luck also plays a role. The fact that Bayern and PSG play in one team leagues makes them overstate their ability and talent. I would be surprised if either win the CL this season.

PSG just spent €400 million on two attackers but that doesn't guarantee the CL. They have a great attack but as we saw with MSN, you contain the front 3 and stop their supply and they struggle.

@Maldeika, remember I suggested a year ago that once Pep's drills are washed away from players' reflexes, you should expect a rude awakening? That's what is happening now. It doesn't mean that Ancelotti is impotent coach, but his attempts to mantain attacking/pressing system are futile as he probably lacks knowledge to train such things. So, what you have now is a disfunctional team of high-class individuals.

High-class individuals who have other abilities than that what is needed in the Xmastree formation Ancelotti seems to want.

Ancelotti had a free go with the press last season - but that has shifted recently. But inside the club there is FC Hollywood again since some months, too.

Pep had one big fault - controlling first in the away matches (first ones) in the Champions League final stage in a 4-3-3. Made the attack toothless and against the big teams we made the odd mistakes that we had to pay for in the second match when the parked the bus. Against middle teams we might have been toothless in the attack with 4-3-3 and this teams can park the bus great either - but with our 4-2-3-1 we always were able to knock them out often with big results.

The Bayern fans that are into good football and tactics always appreciated Pep.

High-class individuals who have other abilities than that what is needed in the Xmastree formation Ancelotti seems to want.

Ancelotti had a free go with the press last season - but that has shifted recently. But inside the club there is FC Hollywood again since some months, too.

Pep had one big fault - controlling first in the away matches (first ones) in the Champions League final stage in a 4-3-3. Made the attack toothless and against the big teams we made the odd mistakes that we had to pay for in the second match when the parked the bus. Against middle teams we might have been toothless in the attack with 4-3-3 and this teams can park the bus great either - but with our 4-2-3-1 we always were able to knock them out often with big results.

The Bayern fans that are into good football and tactics always appreciated Pep.

Who do you think will be the next manager? I admire Nagelsmann, but he's too young for this job.
I guess the doors are closed to Tuchel?
Who else? Favre?

Do you watch Napoli on a regular basis? What do you think of Sarri? He's probably the most impressive positional play coach right now, Napoli look a level above City as a team. Read somewhere that he has a 'release clause' of €8m, could Bayern try to lure him from Naples?

Edit:
Well, I'm not a coach, but I'd take a guess the problem is declining automatisms, not formations per se. The players seem to have forgotten how to move, create space for each other and how to press quickly in certain situations. Such thing are mantained only by regular training in rondos, mini-games etc. if I'm getting it right. If the coach lacks knowledge to use these tools, the gameplay steadily disintegrates.

Obviously, Ancelotti could build a good oldschool counterattacking team, I don't understand why he hadn't done it.
Is mantaining of attacking/pressing game an unofficial part of his contractual agreement? If so, his appointment is even less logical than I thought.

Last edited:
According to German football writer Raphael Honigstein, Ancelotti will make way for Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann.
"There is the assumption right now that Ancelotti is probably not going to see out his contract beyond the summer," says Honigstein.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41248175

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.