Talksport

I might, possibly, have allowed myself to listen to an argument Mane didn't know where Big Ed was, if he'd tried to take the ball on the volley, as he'd have been looking over his own shoulder for the ball coming. But the ball bounced, in front of him, and at that point he'd have known exactly where Ederson was, how quick he was coming, and that his chances of winning the ball were narrowing quickly, yet he still opted for a studs up head high lunge. The relevant word in reckless. It ticks all the boxes for a red card, and i'll be frankly astonished if his ban is reduced.

He knew full well Ederson was there, his boot was up to attempt to dink the ball over/past him. He was late and caught him full in the face, with studs, causing injury. His recklessness, regardless of intent, endangered another player.

It's as clear cut a straight red card as they come.

Just an excuse to get the candles out for an all night vigil singing you never walk alone awaiting FA decision. All live on Dippers TV

For me it's a red card, an unfortunate one, but a red all the same.

He didnt go out to injure Ederson, and it was a genuine attempt to get the ball.

However his actions meant that Ederson suffered a serious injury, therefore red.

I play Rugby Union, and I know that if I perform a poor tackle that leads to someone potentially being seriously injured, I will either be sin binned or sent off.

Cut and dry in my opinion.

I had SSN on after the game last night, and they showed a head-on angle of Mané running towards Eddie.

About five metres before the 'collision' Mané glanced down, so there is no way that he didn't know how close Ederson was.

Of course he knew – the whole reason he tried to take it so high, instead of waiting for it to drop in his path, was because he knew he had to beat Ederson to it... unfortunately he wasn't quick enough... accidental, but still reckless and a definite red!

I wasin 109 for that game.

Racist chants ?. Don't remember that. Are you making that up. Don't remember anything being mentioned at the time.

Did have a drink with some gunners fans afterwards and they did warn me how it would turn out with adebeyor.

They were right.

They sang the "washing elephant" song relentlessly for the whole match. I don't want to repeat the whole song on here but it's a lot worse than what the Chelsea fans are being slated for at the moment. The Arsenal fans were a disgrace and I had a great view from 308.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.