City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

The most relaxed ive been watching City play for along time. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a lovely feeling when you know City are going to win but there is still more than half an hour of the game left and the only issue is how many more you are going to score. I remember watching the 4-1 under pellegrini against wee Davey's rags and being disappointed that we took our foot off the gas at 4. We didn't on Saturday :)

It's a lovely feeling when you know City are going to win but there is still more than half an hour of the game left and the only issue is how many more you are going to score. I remember watching the 4-1 under pellegrini against wee Davey's rags and being disappointed that we took our foot off the gas at 4. We didn't on Saturday :)
Yep we haven't really killed teams for a long time. I never relax until we are 3 nil up doesn't seem to happen that many times these days. Same with us winning the league twice on the last game of the season can we please win it with say 5 games to go so that we can enjoy it more and see teams giving us the guard of honour.

Yep we haven't really killed teams for a long time. I never relax until we are 3 nil up doesn't seem to happen that many times these days. Same with us winning the league twice on the last game of the season can we please win it with say 5 games to go so that we can enjoy it more and see teams giving us the guard of honour.

Then you can moan about the end of the season being dull, with nothing to play for ;-)
That is unless we have the Cup Final and Champions League Final, to look forward to :)))

Very enjoyable match. Glad Ederson is ok. I was worried sick when he was on the pitch not moving. Glad he's ok and already back out there!

We've been waiting for a match like that and regardless of what the media says, the red card wasn't the reason they were beaten.

We were about to light them up as is. Maybe not 5-0 but 3-0 type match for sure.

Also, I don't get the knock on our defence. Yeah, it's not where it will be in a month or so but last I checked we're not winning matches 5-4. The defence has been more than good enough.
Maybe. But we were very suspect down the left channel first 25 mins against both sets of dippers. Clearly if we only conceed an average of two goals every 4 games we should win the league.

Maybe. But we were very suspect down the left channel first 25 mins against both sets of dippers. Clearly if we only conceed an average of two goals every 4 games we should win the league.

Saleh got in behind us four times in the opening 30 minutes that I recall. Once Ota gave away a free kick on the edge of the area that could have cost us (but didn't), once he got his cross in but we dealt with it, once he got a weak shot off that Ederson easily saved at the near post, and the last was a one on one that he should have buried but Ederson made a good save low to his right.

It was alarming how easily he skinned Ota, but I thought generally the defence coped with the threat from the Liverpool right. For three of the above four incidents I can remember, we were back in numbers by the time Saleh produced his end product. When Ota gave away a free kick, Stones and Danilo were back covering already, as they were for the weak near post shot. There was also a cross that Ederson gathered in in the six yard box that we also had cover for. Saleh only got clear one-on -one once, and Ederson saved well.

This Liverpool front three will create chances against every team in the league. I don't think think it follows at all that because Saleh got in behind us more than once, the defence must be shit. On all but one occasion, we had it covered. We were sorely tested, but we got through it.

And it will be some time before we meet another opposition striker with his pace.

Last edited:
Lets wait and see if the mighty Kop boo Ederson for 90 minutes when we go there. I think they will. Fancy headbutting his foot and feigning injury.......

The ground did sound a little quiet in the second half - would've loved to hear the whole crowd really rubbing it in!

Personally, the thing that pleases me most is this.

Both times we have won the league recently we have given a fancied team a fucking good hiding early on. Under Mancini it was 5-1 away at Spurs early on. Under Pellegrini it was 4-1 at home against Wee Davy's rags. Both times, we kicked on and had really good autumn campaigns. Hoping for the same this season too.
Indeed and both times I went travelling to South East Asia. Shall we have a whip round? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.