Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only about 2 days behind everyone else as usual Dax.

By the way, his last complete fucking disaster was Everton, so where were our 5 "stellar performances" between then?
My bad Amercan football is back on too. So I have to get on that thread and knock back the anti-Steelers crew. It takes a while to go back and forth.

Bad game against Everton? Haha... Joke, yes? So got left for pace 2ice and got beat in the air once by same kid. I guess he must have had a bad game.

Somehow, those 3 events surpass his tackling, more than anyone else,
his ball recoveries - more than anyone else, his stellar true ball paases- more often and more accurate than anyone else,
his aggression and fight to get us going, more touches on the ball than anyone else, more shots on goal than anyone else
and yes that often ridiculed stat, more headers won than anyone else, in spite of losing on a particular header to the kid.

Somehow all that action, participation, effort and industry pales in comparison to a kid beating him for speed even if he (the kid) was later cut out by Ota's supporting defender.

But hey, I get it, we are trying to build an incompetence Narrative here.... Too bad the facts keep getting in the way though

Bad game vs Everton? Nah.....
But I trust it won't stop the claim that it was though...The anti-Ota machine has to roll on

My bad Amercan football is back on too. So I have to get on that thread and knock back the anti-Steelers crew. It takes a while to go back and forth.

Bad game against Everton? Haha... Joke, yes? So got left for pace 2ice and got beat in the air once by same kid. I guess he must have had a bad game.

Somehow, those 3 events surpass his tackling, more than anyone else,
his ball recoveries - more than anyone else, his stellar true ball paases- more often and more accurate than anyone else,
his aggression and fight to get us going, more touches on the ball than anyone else, more shots on goal than anyone else
and yes that often ridiculed stat, more headers won than anyone else, in spite of losing on a particular header to the kid.

Somehow all that action, participation, effort and industry pales in comparison to a kid beating him for speed even if he (the kid) was later cut out by Ota's supporting defender.

But hey, I get it, we are trying to build an incompetence Narrative here.... Too bad the facts keep getting in the way though

Bad game vs Everton? Nah.....
But I trust it won't stop the claim that it was though...The anti-Ota machine has to roll on

Jesus Christ the delusion is real. I'm sure Guardiola spent all game moving him away from Everton's only decent attacker because he was doing so well!

Only about 2 days behind everyone else as usual Dax.

By the way, his last complete fucking disaster was Everton, so where were our 5 "stellar performances" between then?
Dax's views are bizarre - so much so that I put him on ignore so as not to distract my enjoyment of this site.... maybe you should too :-)

Otters is a bit more disciplined lately - not diving into tackles as often - but he really shines when playing alongside Kompany - Kompany brings leadership and calmness to our back line.

That said, Otters can be had for pace. If the opposition has pacy strikers on Otters and they have enough possession to pose any kind of threat, Otters will struggle - he'll need help big time from the pivot(s)/other CB's.

It's always a shame when these falsehoods start, coz they then develop a life of their own regardless of how often you point out it is false.

So the "Otamendi kept Mane onside" will live on in perpetuity in spite of being false.

I mean, you posted a bloody video for crying out loud. Did you even watch the video? Pause it at 0.55 when the ball is already half a yard off Matip's foot. You can see Mane clearly still a good step onside of Danilo. How did you see Danilo stepping up to keep Mane offside? Could it be that you just weally weally wanted it to be Otamendi's fault?

Then @Neville Kneville as usual with his aversion to facts, perpetrated the lie and on an on it goes.

I guarantee I will be correcting someone in a month about this Offside Marlakey :(

I haven't studied this but if you are correct then fair enough, Danilo was almost as shite as Otanendi, who was the deepest defender & I missed it.

He is new to the City backline.

What's Otamendi's reason ?

I haven't studied this but if you are correct then fair enough, Danilo was almost as shite as Otanendi, who was the deepest defender & I missed it.

He is new to the City backline.

What's Otamendi's reason ?

It's worse than that though, because of Danilo plays him onside it's incredibly close and he's playing an offside trap with Walker and Stones.

Meanwhile Otamendi is 10 yards behind them, making their attempt to play offside completely redundant.

It seems despite being here the longest of the backline, he was the one who was clueless as to the system we were playing, in a world of his own.

It's worse than that though, because of Danilo plays him onside it's incredibly close and he's playing an offside trap with Walker and Stones.

Meanwhile Otamendi is 10 yards behind them, making their attempt to play offside completely redundant.

It seems despite being here the longest of the backline, he was the one who was clueless as to the system we were playing, in a world of his own.

Well Danilo does indeed fuck up looking at it again just now, but as you say, if he & Stones had succeeded in playing offside, they were roughly in City's defensive line, but Otamendi was in the classic clown's position (or Gary Neville position) playing two Liverpool players onside, on his own. He was actualy travelling backwards, yards behind the City backline, whilst the others were moving forwards, due to being so preoccupied with the pace of Salah, that he'd lost the plot & had no idea where he was, or what was happening.

But Dax will be correct on this now,in his head, because the fact that Danilo fucked up, means that Otamendi was ok, in his head, rather than the fact, which is both were wrong, Danilo by playing offside at all & Otamendi being 5 yards deeper than the City line, both of which are schoolboy stuff.

It all points to poor organisation of the backline too, so Pep doesn't get away with it either.

Well Danilo does indeed fuck up looking at it again just now, but as you say, if he & Stones had succeeded in playing offside, they were roughly in City's defensive line, but Otamendi was in the classic clown's position (or Gary Neville position) playing two Liverpool players onside, on his own. He was actualy travelling backwards, yards behind the City backline, whilst the others were moving forwards, due to being so preoccupied with the pace of Salah, that he'd lost the plot & had no idea where he was, or what was happening.

But Dax will be correct on this now,in his head, because the fact that Danilo fucked up, means that Otamendi was ok, in his head, rather than the fact, which is both were wrong, Danilo by playing offside at all & Otamendi being 5 yards deeper than the City line, both of which are schoolboy stuff.

It all points to poor organisation of the backline too, so Pep doesn't get away with it either.

RE: You're last point, I'm not sure what Pep can do - he's obviously coached them to play a nice offside trap, 3 of them have all done it in sync, but someone's gone rogue and abandoned his post.

He was pictured on TV going mental at him a few times, but for now not sure what else can be done, window is closed. Danilo having a few more games at CB might make things interesting though once Vinny comes back. I'd definitely prefer Danilo-Stones-Kompany against any forward line faster than an oil tanker.

RE: You're last point, I'm not sure what Pep can do - he's obviously coached them to play a nice offside trap, 3 of them have all done it in sync, but someone's gone rogue and abandoned his post.

He was pictured on TV going mental at him a few times, but for now not sure what else can be done, window is closed. Danilo having a few more games at CB might make things interesting though once Vinny comes back. I'd definitely prefer Danilo-Stones-Kompany against any forward line faster than an oil tanker.

I don't think he should have them playing an offside trap in that position & if they are going to do it, they should all be doing it.

But whatever they do, there should be a defensive line & forming the line when the ball is 60 yards away should be easy.

For one bloke to be randomly travelling backwards, yards behind the others is criminal, from a training point of view but also from a point of view of no communication on the pitch.

Really the 3 centre backs should have been having a huge row whilst Ederson was being treated & sorting it out between them but there was no obvious heated situation.

We are lacking the right people in that position.

Dax's views are bizarre - so much so that I put him on ignore so as not to distract my enjoyment of this site.... maybe you should too :-)

Otters is a bit more disciplined lately - not diving into tackles as often - but he really shines when playing alongside Kompany - Kompany brings leadership and calmness to our back line.

That said, Otters can be had for pace. If the opposition has pacy strikers on Otters and they have enough possession to pose any kind of threat, Otters will struggle - he'll need help big time from the pivot(s)/other CB's.
And so can Vinnie

And so can Vinnie

True but less likely. Vinnie has a better reading of the game and understating of his role to limit the number of times he's caught in a foot race with a speedy opponent, this is Otamendi's biggest weakness for me.

I don't like to bash him as there are plenty of things I admire in his game but this is a serious flaw that is exposed time and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.