Watford (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Administrator
Will be a difficult game, they look rejuvenated under Marco Silva and have the benefit of a full weeks rest. We're in great shape though and don't think Guardiola will make too many changes.

Ederson
Walker
Danilo
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Fernandinho
D Silva
De Bruyne
Jesus
Aguero

Can't come soon enough.

Hopefully the players feel fresh. Expect we'll change back to a back 3/5 for this.

Watford will be shitting themselves after seeing the last two performances. I feel that they're going to try and press us high, but their work rate will need to be immense as we are moving the ball much quicker and with better direction already. Hope we keep a clean sheet.
Sterling must be worrying that he's not going to get that many starts.
0-2 CITY

Will be a difficult game, they look rejuvenated under Marco Silva and have the benefit of a full weeks rest. We're in great shape though and don't think Guardiola will make too many changes.

Ederson
Walker
Danilo
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Fernandinho
D Silva
De Bruyne
Jesus
Aguero

At some point Walker and Mendy will need time out. I'm not taking this game for granted - but maybe Walker gets a place on the bench with Danilo moving to RB and Mangala getting a start (Mendy started later so keeps his place).
David S replaced by Bernado S might be a possibility too.
PS - we have to trust our squad, so Mangala has to play at times in the PL

At some point Walker and Mendy will need time out. I'm not taking this game for granted - but maybe Walker gets a place on the bench with Danilo moving to RB and Mangala getting a start (Mendy started later so keeps his place).
David S replaced by Bernado S might be a possibility too.
PS - we have to trust our squad, so Mangala has to play at times in the PL
1 - we're in september players should be fresh as a daisy

2 - we have west brom in the cup the following game where I suspect a few will be rested

Dont see why you would break up the otamendi and stone partnership, they need time to gel.

personally would like to see the same side as tonight but I suspect there will be one or two changes with possibly sterling coming in.

1 - we're in september players should be fresh as a daisy

2 - we have west brom in the cup the following game where I suspect a few will be rested

Dont see why you would break up the otamendi and stone partnership, they need time to gel.

personally would like to see the same side as tonight but I suspect there will be one or two changes with possibly sterling coming in.

1 - I'd like to see us keep players fresh so we need to manage accordingly

2 - I take as being 11 changes to be honest. Looking forward to seeing how our second string get on.

Otamendi and Stones wouldn't be separated with the above.

Would love to see us run through the season with the same team - just not the way it works now.
(Ain't opinions great :D)

............,,,,,,,,,,Ed
........Danilo/Stones/Mangala........
Walker.............Dino...........Mendy..
..........Gundogan.....D. Silva........
..........Jesus.......Aguero.........

Interesting Pep took Jesus off against liverpoo and then Aguero tonight. He is keeping them both fit so they will start.

I would give KDB a rest and bring him on or B. Silva for D. Silva at around 60/65.

............,,,,,,,,,,Ed
........Danilo/Stones/Mangala........
Walker.............Dino...........Mendy..
..........Gundogan.....D. Silva........
..........Jesus.......Aguero.........

Interesting Pep took Jesus off against liverpoo and then Aguero tonight. He is keeping them both fit so they will start.

I would give KDB a rest and bring him on or B. Silva for D. Silva at around 60/65.
Find it absolute madness anyone would not start KDB in this form, I really don't see that happening. If he needs a rest then start him and take him off, much better to fire early out of the blocks with the best side.

This will be a tough game, would you rest KDB against any of the other top 6 away from home?

Last season it was 10 matches unbeaten when AFT was rolled out to do a job on us, which he managed with great aplomb. Don't expect any protection for any of our creative players, if we get a draw I'd be delighted.

.................Ederson
........Otamendi/Stones/Mangala
Danilo...Fernandinho...KDB1...Mendy2
....Sterling....Aguero3....Sané

Bravo, Walker2, Gundogan1, Delph, Silva, Bernardo, Jesus3
* Numbers indicate subs, with Danilo sliding over to left side for sub2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.