La Liga want Man City investigation

I don't like the idea of PSG buying Neymar from barcelona using money that they get from the Qatari state. I think a lot of football fans would be unhappy about that putting aside who you support. That is not the City model though. City are not owned by the UAE and to the extent that City are sponsored by UAE domiciled companies who yes have a connection with the owner, these are done on an commercial basis.

I agree with a comment above that City are really caught in the crossfire and fallout between La Liga and PSG.

The money is so tainted and Barca are so intent on making a principled stance here that they only took £135M of it (with add ons) to sign Dembele from Dortmund who didnt want to lose their player.

Fucking hypocrites of the highest fucking order and i hope to fuck we pinch Messi of the ****s for nowt!

The money is so tainted and Barca are so intent on making a principled stance here that they only took £135M of it (with add ons) to sign Dembele from Dortmund who didnt want to lose their player.

Fucking hypocrites of the highest fucking order and i hope to fuck we pinch Messi of the ****s for nowt!
They are indeed! Football does need regulating though. FFP is just the wrong tool

They are indeed! Football does need regulating though. FFP is just the wrong tool

Football does need regulating, agreed but only where huge debts are being incurred.

Investment should be welcomed.

If you want to limit spending then do it, but apply equal rules to all types of income (gate receipts, TV revenue, sponsorships AND investment) and all types of expenditure (wages, transfer fees AND debt) with the idea to reduce debt and provide a level playing field.
Don't create a device to maintain a cartel - Like FFP is currently structured!

Today I was walked into the room as spanish football was on. I missed what the commentator had been saying but he went on and said something about a number of spanish teams had been found guilty of inventing jobs for parents of young footballers. They invented the jobs and I think he said paid the parents a wage they then signed their kids onto the academy. I have tried Googling it without success but it just shows how bent they have been over the years.
Can anyone shed any light onto the comments?

£30million? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the deal was widely reported as £400million over ten years?

Soccerex don't seem to have included stadium sponsorships so maybe they reduced the figure for that reason.

He never responded to my question as to whether the Etihad deal was ever renewed. However, this very comprehensive list by Soccerex of every PL club's commercial relationships seems to suggest not: https://www.soccerex.com/insight/ar...ail&utm_term=0_dff1a21dfc-88ef664f65-46283413

Thanks for that Peter. Interesting stuff, especially this:

Manchester City - Deals since start of 2016/17. Can any lurking clueless opposition fans/journos/sanctimonious twats from La Liga/Arsene Wenger look at the following list and please advise what part of Abu Dhabi/UAE each of the following companies are from? Ta.

Goals
Qnet
Thomas Cook Sport
K8.com
Carlsberg
Eaton
Dongqiudi
BNN
Hays
The Open
Nexen Tire
Hyperion
Heineken
Tecno
iTrader.com
Valvoline
Dsquared2
SHB
Mundipharma
EA Sports
Ballr
UBTech
Star Lager
Veqta

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.