New Contracts

citytilllidie

It is interesting to note that the hierarchy are being very proactive in tying down Silva till the end of his playing career, but also initiating contract reviews on Kev and Jesus for their endeavours. It'll show the rest of the squad, there are greater rewards if they 'put it in' week in week out. What say you?

It is interesting to note that the hierarchy are being very proactive in tying down Silva till the end of his playing career, but also initiating contract reviews on Kev and Jesus for their endeavours. It'll show the rest of the squad, there are greater rewards if they 'put it in' week in week out. What say you?

In Silva's case pace was never part of his game and he just seems to get better like a vintage wine. Ten years at the club and a testimonial would be fitting for a man of his consummate professionalism.

De Bruyne is fast approaching his peak and the club want to make sure that it's with us. I don't think he would want to go anywhere else and the club will won't to make sure that he doesn't.

GJ is the one that could go on to be a possible Balon'dor winner with his value likely to surpass Neymar if his progression continues. He is far more advanced for his years and seems to have a grit and determination that suits the English game. He's like Robinho, but with more bollocks, work rate and team ethic which makes his potential frightening. 27 million twelve months ago was a steal and one of the best bits of business in football.

Barcelona and Madrid are cautious when it comes to City and realistically are the only two clubs that could prise Kev and GJ away. However we are not a selling club and I honestly don't think any of our top players would want to go elsewhere as in terms of the club's set up we are unrivalled.

Contract Expiration dates:
July 2018: Dinho + Toure.
Yaya will be off. Dinho might get himself a 1 year deal, however, even that isn't certain imo.

July 2019: Serge + Silva (D) + Kompany + Mangala.
Silva obviously getting a new one, which you'd expect him to sign. Kompany probably depends on injuries. You'd reasonably expect Mangala to leave and I don't really know about Serge.

July 2020: Sterling + Gundogan + Otamendi + Bravo + Delph
Firstly, I've put 2020 in there because, realistically, the club must be looking at these contracts soon, otherwise you'll end up like Arsenal.
Sterling would likely get a new deal. Gundogan depends on injuries. Otamendi may leave by then depending on new recruits. Bravo will probably be gone and you'd expect the same as delph.

The main two players you want to tie down is KDB and Jesus. They are the two players that will attract the highest fees/interest from clubs. Sane could also be on that list but he would have to do a lot more. I could see Barcelona and Madrid looking a Jesus he continues this form for another year. Mind you they would be looking a north of 120 mill atleast at that time.

The main two players you want to tie down is KDB and Jesus. They are the two players that will attract the highest fees/interest from clubs. Sane could also be on that list but he would have to do a lot more. I could see Barcelona and Madrid looking a Jesus he continues this form for another year. Mind you they would be looking a north of 220 mill atleast at that time.
Fixed that for you

The main two players you want to tie down is KDB and Jesus. They are the two players that will attract the highest fees/interest from clubs. Sane could also be on that list but he would have to do a lot more. I could see Barcelona and Madrid looking a Jesus he continues this form for another year. Mind you they would be looking a north of 120 mill atleast at that time.

Isco has a €600M release clause in his new contract
I think that's nearer the mark for KDB and GJ

Isco has a €600M release clause in his new contract
I think that's nearer the mark for KDB and GJ

British contracts don't have release fees included normally. Spain FA insists on it in every contact hence why they all do.

I would be very surprised if any of our players have release clauses in their contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.