New Contracts

British contracts don't have release fees included normally. Spain FA insists on it in every contact hence why they all do.

I would be very surprised if any of our players have release clauses in their contract.

I wasn't suggesting that a release clause should be entered in any new contract. I was pointing out that if Real Madrid or Barca did come knocking for KDB or GJ, then their transfer value would reflect Isco's buy out clause

It's a great idea starting contract discussions so early, it lets the players know we value and appreciate them and want them to stay.

I also like Peps' "if they don't want to be here, they can go" comments. It just means the players we have want to be here.

British contracts don't have release fees included normally. Spain FA insists on it in every contact hence why they all do.

I would be very surprised if any of our players have release clauses in their contract.
Didn't Arsenal offer Liverpool £1 over Suarez clause of £40m? Then get slated by Liverpool who then sold him for £75?

Didn't Arsenal offer Liverpool £1 over Suarez clause of £40m? Then get slated by Liverpool who then sold him for £75?

They did but they were mistaken because he didn't have a release clause. If he had a release clause like in Spain then Liverpool would have to have accepted Arsenal's offer. English contracts can have clauses but it's an option for the club and player. In Spain every contract has to have a release clause.

They did but they were mistaken because he didn't have a release clause. If he had a release clause like in Spain then Liverpool would have to have accepted Arsenal's offer. English contracts can have clauses but it's an option for the club and player. In Spain every contract has to have a release clause.
Wasn't there some confusion, where Liverpool denied there was a release clause, then it turned out afterwards there was, or that could just be some bollocks I read on the internet somewhere.

Wasn't there some confusion, where Liverpool denied there was a release clause, then it turned out afterwards there was, or that could just be some bollocks I read on the internet somewhere.

There was certainly confusion on Arsenal's part. I imagine Suarez and his team thought they had an agreement, they may indeed of had a gentleman's agreement, but there can't have been a legal agreement/release clause because Arsenal would have sued them turning it down and Suarez (who wanted to go to Arsenal at the time I believe) would have also sued Liverpool for breach of contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.