Bundesliga 2017/18

Well, I'm not a coach, but I'd take a guess the problem is declining automatisms, not formations per se. The players seem to have forgotten how to move, create space for each other and how to press quickly in certain situations. Such thing are mantained only by regular training in rondos, mini-games etc. if I'm getting it right. If the coach lacks knowledge to use these tools, the gameplay steadily disintegrates.

Obviously, Ancelotti could build a good oldschool counterattacking team, I don't understand why he hadn't done it.
Is mantaining of attacking/pressing game an unofficial part of his contractual agreement? If so, his appointment is even less logical than I thought.

Bayern does not have the matching players for it - Ancelotti tried to tell them to leave the ball to the opponents and wait on counters - but that only gave chances to the opponents. That team wants to have the ball.

It is formations, too. Or atleast playing players in the positions together who still have this automatisms together. We were playing the old 4-2-3-1 today again - the first time this season with Müller behind Lewy and two wingers - Thiago on the 8 and Vidal in midfield...

All had a fine match - could have scored some more but it was atleast a 4:0.

I attended a couple of German games this week.
Hamburg-Dortmund was a bit like City's victory at Watford, with the home team needing to convert their possession into goals, and Dortmund looking as though they were going to score on every occasion.
However, I was mightily impressed with the 18,000 crowd at Magdeburg-Paderborn the previous evening, (especially the pre-match club anthem with a small boy singing the lyrics, and the crowd clapping in unison). It would never work in England, but in Germany it sounds brilliant.
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that Magdeburg should be at least a division higher. They've also won a European trophy, which sets them apart in East Germany.

I attended a couple of German games this week.
Hamburg-Dortmund was a bit like City's victory at Watford, with the home team needing to convert their possession into goals, and Dortmund looking as though they were going to score on every occasion.
However, I was mightily impressed with the 18,000 crowd at Magdeburg-Paderborn the previous evening, (especially the pre-match club anthem with a small boy singing the lyrics, and the crowd clapping in unison). It would never work in England, but in Germany it sounds brilliant.
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that Magdeburg should be at least a division higher. They've also won a European trophy, which sets them apart in East Germany.

I think ourselves and Magdeburg are the only two sides to have won a European trophy and since then dropped below the 2nd tier (I think Magdeburg actually went to the 4th for a while). Forest went close last season, but another proud record for us to hold ;)

Its been on my list for a while as Uwe Rösler was there for a bit, and I've done most of his other clubs at this stage.

Pretty sure it was the Magdeburg fans the other year who brought big arrows pointing at the goal after the team were struggling to score.

Bayern does not have the matching players for it - Ancelotti tried to tell them to leave the ball to the opponents and wait on counters - but that only gave chances to the opponents. That team wants to have the ball.

It is formations, too. Or atleast playing players in the positions together who still have this automatisms together. We were playing the old 4-2-3-1 today again - the first time this season with Müller behind Lewy and two wingers - Thiago on the 8 and Vidal in midfield...

All had a fine match - could have scored some more but it was atleast a 4:0.

Recruitment is key it's going to be difficult to replace Lahm, Alonso, Ribery and Robben.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.