First team experience tour

You don't price an experience intended to be premium by totalling up the costs and adding a margin, you set it high enough to ensure limited demand and those who pay feel special by doing so. Those who feel excluded by it are meant to, I'm afraid.

You don't price an experience intended to be premium by totalling up the costs and adding a margin, you set it high enough to ensure limited demand and those who pay feel special by doing so. Those who feel excluded by it are meant to, I'm afraid.
I was actively trying to tone down my economics pontification in previous posts so intentionally did not fully explore what I meant by “those willing to pay for the experience” but your and @arfurclue posts are good representations of designed scarcity and premium experience pricing models (that are becoming more and more pervasive these days).

I was actively trying to tone down my economics pontification in previous posts so intentionally did not fully explore what I meant by “those willing to pay for the experience” but your and @arfurclue posts are good representations of designed scarcity and premium experience pricing models (that are becoming more and more pervasive these days).
Is it also possible that there is a more limited capacity for this particular tour. I don't know but the blurb mentions visiting the 'performance analysis suite' - perhaps you can only fit, say, 20 people at a time in this....so 1) if this is lesser capacity than usual, then the prices will rise. 2) how do you 'fairly' decide who gets the tickets? Perhaps not perfect, but aiming to set the price where the level of demand would be 20 would be one way...

Aman Hotels are an excellent example. Priced to exclude those who wish to merely treat themselves by being excessively expensive for what you get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.