Asked to buy tickets for Napoli fans in City end.

FrankSwift1

A mate of mine has just asked me if I can get two tickets on my season ticket for two friends of his who are Napoli fans for the CL game later this month. I can’t make the game.

The guys in question are Italian, nice blokes, 40’s, sensible, will keep quiet and not celebrate if they score etc.

For me personally I’d love to sit next to an opposition fan (especially for a European game) and have a good chat about the game and invite them for a pint after the game and show them some Manc hospitality. But I often see threads on here where people are fuming that opposition fans are in our stand. Something needs to done about it.. etc.

Pretty sure we won’t sell out for this game so not depriving a City fan of a seat.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

It is not you City have to think about but perhaps some of the less tolerant people sitting around you. You know the rest.

if they wear all black with hoods up and baseball caps maybe no !

There are lots of reasons why we are allowed for some games 6 tickets for friends etc to buy for games that don't sell out.

Any harm in buying a couple of good guys who are Italian and want to watch some good football, no there isn't. If it was a semi final sell out, you wouldn't get the chance anyhow so some fans might say no they have to go to city fans. Its what the game is all about, sharing the experience with mates, shame there are a few that spoil it but that's life.

It's not worth the risk.
You don't know how they will react if they go in front. And more importantly how our fans will react to them.
C.T.I.D

Why cant football be like rugby? I regularly go to the six nations. All fans mix together in pubs before and after the match having a great time and banter. At the game you sit next to opposition fans drinking singing having a laugh and a joke! After the game win or lose shake hands and then off to the pub for more fun!

Why cant football be like rugby? I regularly go to the six nations. All fans mix together in pubs before and after the match having a great time and banter. At the game you sit next to opposition fans drinking singing having a laugh and a joke! After the game win or lose shake hands and then off to the pub for more fun!

Amazes me how brutal a sport rugby is yet how civilized players & fans are. Would love footballers to treat the Ref with the same respect as rugby players do.

Amazes me how brutal a sport rugby is yet how civilized players & fans are. Would love footballers to treat the Ref with the same respect as rugby players do.

Rugby officials are completely transparent though, aren't they? Miced and cam'd up. No room for dishonesty. Goes a long way to respect. They are miles ahead because they aren't trying to fix games. Anyways, back on topic for me...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.