Guardian "Next Generation" players

shemnel

So, the Guardian has an annual piece about the brightest 'next generation' player at each club, usually 17 years old (i.e. on the edge of potential debuts etc). I've listed the older picks and the newest.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

2014: Tosin Adarabioyo
2015: Demeaco Duhaney
2016: Jadon Sancho
2017: Ivan Ilic

Shamefully i dont know much about our kids apart from the usual names that get bandied about, loaned out, make the subs bench of the first XI etc. Obviously i know Adarabioyo and Sancho but who is Duhaney? And Ilic? They looking good?

From Duhaney's 2017 update

October 2017 update His trajectory at the club has taken him into competition with James Horsfield for the starting right-back berth in Simon Davies's Premier League 2 team.

Jamie Jackson with his finger on the pulse as usual.

This is such a fucking dumb choice. Almost seems intentionally dumb to make a dig at our setup.

It should have been Matondo.

we feature heavily either with current players, ex players or players we have tried to sign or are still monitoring. Compare that to United who have zero players mentioned and i think are mentioned once cos they want someone. Chelsea have 1, Liverpool 1, Arsenal 0 and Spurs (0). Are we easier to scout/get info from? or are we that far ahead?

Not the next-gen form the guardian but the 60 world talents - which has Lorenzo Gonzalez in it. Somehow, he reminds me of Bojinov. Perhaps this is misguided but seems
to have that 'bullishness' about him. Be curious if those that see him more would feel the same way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.