Sky wanting an Xmas Eve game

Beyond a joke if they manage to get the go ahead on this. I can only remember one Christmas Eve fixture in the Premier League era and that was Leeds v United in 1995 but that was a lunchtime kick-off and of course a lot more local than Arsenal v Liverpool.

Beyond a joke if they manage to get the go ahead on this. I can only remember one Christmas Eve fixture in the Premier League era and that was Leeds v United in 1995 but that was a lunchtime kick-off and of course a lot more local than Arsenal v Liverpool.

Oh I don’t know.

There are a lot of Liverpool fans in London.

Be a top piss up for the fans without kids
Can see a lot of people being blocked by their wives from going

How do they expect people to travel??? Have they ever tried it Christmas or New Year's eve it is a nightmare!

Sky have a contract for two Sunday games. They cost £11 million each. The clubs and the Premier League didn't factor in that the calendar changes and that Christmas Eve might fall on a Sunday. They aren't going to give up that expense and nor should they. The fault lies with the PL and clubs who don't give a shit about fans and made no arrangements for such an eventuality.

Why would anyone expect Sky not to ask for their contract to be fulfilled? Really?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.