Crazy decisions of years gone by.

If I can remember rightly we went top, we beat Watford 1 nil with bobby McDonald in nets due to injury that game, I might be wrong
That was after three games. The post I referred to mentioned Christmas.
We went top on Boxing Day 1981 after winning at Anfield, but we weren't relegated that season, we were relegated at the end of the following season.
It might confuse things because we also played at Anfield during the festivities (27th) but lost 5-2. We were as high as 2nd in November IIRC and 9th in January but weren't top around Christmas.

That was after three games. The post I referred to mentioned Christmas.
We went top on Boxing Day 1981 after winning at Anfield, but we weren't relegated that season, we were relegated at the end of the following season.
It might confuse things because we also played at Anfield during the festivities (27th) but lost 5-2. We were as high as 2nd in November IIRC and 9th in January but weren't top around Christmas.
Remember that anfield 81 3/1 Liverpool never lost a game after that and walked the championship, the season after with Watford one big joe corrigan broke his fingers and bobby Mac went in goal, Dennis tueart got the winner but bobby Mac saved loads like a top keeper, That was one of the shittiest seasons ever printed in my mind, Luton it destroyed me for months

Remember that anfield 81 3/1 Liverpool never lost a game after that and walked the championship, the season after with Watford one big joe corrigan broke his fingers and bobby Mac went in goal, Dennis tueart got the winner but bobby Mac saved loads like a top keeper, That was one of the shittiest seasons ever printed in my mind, Luton it destroyed me for months
I was at both Christmas games at Anfield. - I think we beat Norwich 4-1 in January 83 and relegation just wasn't an option, but we lost 4-0 at Brighton in the cup a couple of weeks later and the wheels fell off big time and this led to a steady decline.
We had a couple of encouraging results later in the season winning 2-0 at West Brom and 1-0 at Brighton but seemed scared against Luton. We only needed a draw to send Luton down instead (so it's not like we were playing a good team) but we just never looked up for it.

I was at both Christmas games at Anfield. - I think we beat Norwich 4-1 in January 83 and relegation just wasn't an option, but we lost 4-0 at Brighton in the cup a couple of weeks later and the wheels fell off big time and this led to a steady decline.
We had a couple of encouraging results later in the season winning 2-0 at West Brom and 1-0 at Brighton but seemed scared against Luton. We only needed a draw to send Luton down instead (so it's not like we were playing a good team) but we just never looked up for it.
The name raddy antic gives me nightmares, the calamity leading to that goal was like it was in slow motion, it only needed knocking out of play by power then Alex Williams half fisting out, it’s like a video nasty in my head.

Irrespective of where we were at Christmas, the fact that group of players got relegated in 1983 is an absolute disgrace, particularly given where we were placed when John Bond resigned in January. It was a good squad, albeit a little aged.

For me, John Benson is the worst ever City manager.

One above all. Failing to sort out the rift between Mercer & Allison in the early 1970's. Because of that, Mal got someone who supported him to buy a large chunk of shares and effectively combine with other directors to force Mercer out. That started the boardroom split that led to Swales getting involved and the subsequent 35 years of (mostly) under-performance, financial issues, the managerial merrry-go-round, et****il 2008.

I'm fond of them too. Which backs up my point.

Getting rid of Mancini ultimately stunted our progress and sent us backwards, leaving us with a squad full of deadwood, meaning Guardiola's first season was a false start as we needed a complete rebuild.

Getting rid of Mancini and appointing Pellegrini was entirely the wrong decision, there's no question about that.

He probably should of gone after two seasons. 60 odd points in that last year was criminal. I guess they knew Pep was rocking up.

I think we played for the nil nil draw that day. We didn’t try to win the game if I recall correctly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.